Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

Old December 29th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

Default Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

Mike,

If you look at the new automobile sales market share for the last 30 years,
you will see a very disturbing (unless you are a Japanese car manufacture)
trend. The imports have been making a constant market share climb at the
cost to the last two remaining domestic (Ford & GM) car makers.

Who is selling a few hundred more cars each year is just a footnote in the
real story of the growing import dominance of the US new automobile sales
market.

If you seriously can't see the disturbing decline of the domestic car makers
grip on the US market, you need to open your eyes.

Nobody

Old December 30th 06, 07:05 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Father Guido

Probbly just wanted to see if he could
get a good deal on an '07 Solara <G>
Old December 30th 06, 01:21 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeff[_10_]

"Mike Hunter" > wrote in message
> That may be your opinion but the fact is in the US both GM and Ford
> outsell any import. I was buying imports based on what people were
> saying, as well. I soon learned that the several Lexus I bought were no
> better than the domestics I had been buying, they just cost me more to
> buy. I now buy domestics again.
>

> mike

I think you are using the wrong tense. The sales of the domestic makes went
down last year. The sales of Toyotas went up. Last month and this month,
Toyota sold more vehicles in the US than Ford. Next year, it is expected
that Toyota will sell more cars in the US than Ford. So a better statement
is that Ford was the second largest car seller in the US, recently surpassed
by Toyota.

My data come from Wards Auto and from an article on Market Place from
American Publica Media (a public radio service;
http://marketplace.publicradio.org/s...00612296.html).

Jeff

Old December 30th 06, 07:14 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

That may be your opinion but the fact is as of today, in the US both GM and
Ford, outsell any import. That may change but for now that is the fact,
whether you agree or not

mike

Old December 30th 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeff[_10_]

"Mike Hunter" > wrote in message
> That may be your opinion but the fact is as of today, in the US both GM
> and Ford, outsell any import. That may change but for now that is the
> fact, whether you agree or not
>
> mike

What do you mean by "today?" Last month and this month, Ford was outsold by
Toyota. And it is expected that Toyota will outsell Ford all next year.
Considering this, I would say that Toyota already outsells Ford.

It is clear that Toyota is on the way up, but Ford is on the way down. Who
is closing factories in the US? And opening them? Which company is planning
on making more vehicles for sale in the US next year?

If you graph the sales of Toyotas in the US and sales of Fords, over time,
the graphs would show Ford sales going down and Toyotas going up. It appears
that the time where they intecepted is around Nov. 2006, and Toyota will
only continue going up and Ford will be below them for at least a few years,
if not longer.

This may change in the future, if Ford gets it act together, but for now,
like it or not, the fact is that Toyota is outselling Ford and will continue
to do so for the foreseeable future, whether or not you agree.

Jeff

Old December 30th 06, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

You are confused, again. You remind me of a cousin, back in late forties.
He was sure Studebaker outsold Chevy because I owed on , he owned one, and
most of the cars he saw were Studebakers. His small town had one dealer,
which was just down the street from where he lived, that sold Studebaker and
Cadillac

There are twelve month is a year. Total annual sales figures for 2006 have
GM, Ford, Toyota, Chrysler in that order

..

Old December 31st 06, 07:24 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mac Cool

Mellowed:

> It appears that you really wanted the Lariat model.

Would that be the Lariat Ranger, Taurus, Mustang, T-bird... oh, you only
read half my post.

No I understand, you're a Ford fan and want to protect the image but Ford
has to reach a point where they stop blowing sunshine and take some of the
criticism as valid otherwise they will disappear like many other car
makers before them.

--
Mac Cool
Old December 31st 06, 08:29 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

AS of today? Or over the last year? Which is it Mike? You can't keep
changing your statements, You are arguing two totally different positions.

No matter how you twist it Ford and GM's market share are declining and
Toyota's is steadily rising. You changing your argument while trying to
dispute that makes you look silly.

Old December 31st 06, 02:37 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Really, when did I ever dispute the fact Toyota is gaining market share and
both GM and Ford are losing in the ever growing US market? Who wins the
football game, the team with the most points in a quarter or the one with
the most points at the end of the game? For the 2006 model year it is GM,
Ford, Toyota, Chrysler. Therefore as I stated GM and Ford, outsell any
import. in the US, silly you.

mike

Old December 31st 06, 04:30 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark Jones

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
> No matter how you twist it Ford and GM's market share are declining
> and Toyota's is steadily rising.

Just because Toyota's market share is rising does not mean
that people are going to change their buying preference.

My next vehicle will be either a Ford or a Chevy. It will
most likely be a Ford F-250 4x4 truck.