concept car: Fraud or legitimate?

Old June 2nd 13, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

Default concept car: Fraud or legitimate?

http://www.flixxy.com/volkswagen-levitating-car.htm

I recall seeing a "floating" car on Top Gear awhile back.
But they had it attached to wires.
While it may be legitimate, the VW concept of a hover car just doesn't
quite make it real.
As I know a few things about hovercraft, it takes quite a bit of air just
to get even the smallest craft 2 inches off the ground.
Then there is the engine noise. This thing appears to run silently.
Which makes me believe the whole showing off of the car was done in front
of a "green screen".

Now sometime in the near future, millions of these things are floating
around.
Question is, is it an aircraft or a "road" vehicle?
But you know that ain't gonna happen in our lifetime becuase the "big 4"
from motown won't let it.

Old June 2nd 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"richard" > wrote in message
> http://www.flixxy.com/volkswagen-levitating-car.htm
>
> I recall seeing a "floating" car on Top Gear awhile back.
> But they had it attached to wires.
> While it may be legitimate, the VW concept of a hover car just doesn't
> quite make it real.

Seems to me that they mean something like Mag Lev (i.e., Magnetic
Levitation). There are already concepts for Mag Lev trains and even Mag Lev
passenger elevators.

[snip...]

Old June 2nd 13, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
harry k

On Jun 1, 5:45*pm, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." >
wrote:
> "richard" > wrote in message

> >http://www.flixxy.com/volkswagen-levitating-car.htm

> > I recall seeing a "floating" car on Top Gear awhile back.
> > But they had it attached to wires.
> > While it may be legitimate, the VW concept of a hover car just doesn't
> > quite make it real.

> Seems to me that they mean something like Mag Lev (i.e., Magnetic
> Levitation). There are already concepts for Mag Lev trains and even Mag Lev
> passenger elevators.
>
> [snip...]

Yep. the description of it under the video clearly says that. I
didnt' watch the video due to dial-up.

Harry K
Old June 2nd 13, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
T0m $herman

On 6/1/2013 7:45 PM, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
> "richard" > wrote in message
>> http://www.flixxy.com/volkswagen-levitating-car.htm
>>
>> I recall seeing a "floating" car on Top Gear awhile back.
>> But they had it attached to wires.
>> While it may be legitimate, the VW concept of a hover car just doesn't
>> quite make it real.

> Seems to me that they mean something like Mag Lev (i.e., Magnetic
> Levitation). There are already concepts for Mag Lev trains and even Mag
> Lev passenger elevators.
>
> [snip...]

I would hardly call scheduled passenger service to be a "concept".

--
T0m $herm@n
Old June 3rd 13, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
harry k

On Jun 1, 4:04*pm, richard > wrote:
> http://www.flixxy.com/volkswagen-levitating-car.htm
>
> I recall seeing a "floating" car on Top Gear awhile back.
> But they had it attached to wires.
> While it may be legitimate, the VW concept of a hover car just doesn't
> quite make it real.
> As I know a few things about hovercraft, it takes quite a bit of air just
> to get even the smallest craft 2 inches off the ground.
> Then there is the engine noise. This thing appears to run silently.
> Which makes me believe the whole showing off of the car was done in front
> of a "green screen".
>
> Now sometime in the near future, millions of these things are floating
> around.
> Question is, is it an aircraft or a "road" vehicle?
> But you know that ain't gonna happen in our lifetime becuase the "big 4"
> from motown won't let it.

How in the hell can anyone look at that and even remotely think it is
a regular hovercraft?

Harry K