new mustang

Old November 26th 04, 01:24 PM
mac

Default new mustang

so what does everyone think of the 05 mustang. nice lookig pony.
Old November 26th 04, 09:55 PM
dwight

"Joe" > wrote in message

> Now that I've seen a lot of them in person, I like everything
> (including the interior) except the rear bumper. It's a bit too
> "fat". I also think Ford could've come up with a better looking wheel
> for the GT.
>
> Joe
> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

I checked yesterday morning... The local dealer has a black GT sitting right
in the showroom. I guess putting my name on their "hot sheet" didn't mean
much. They never called.

It's a good thing they never called me. I love the black, but I swore I'd
never have another black car. Damn, that thing looked good.

dwight

Old November 26th 04, 11:58 PM
yahoo oldrbuttwizer

Dwight....

as far as never hearing from the dealer: I've been logging into
fordvehicles.com since February trying to get the latest info......have
signed-up for "latest updates" a dozen times........requested brochures
3 times........nothing.

our local dealer (Donley Ford in Ashland OH) finally got some in 3 weeks
ago (really weird ones like GTs with the cheap interior, 6s with
Interior Accent/leather, etc)......all of them marked "Local Market
Value Adjustment +$1000.00.

don't know if they're actually getting over sticker.....but they can
stuff them where the sun don't shine before I pay sticker....or buy
something without an incentive.

maybe they want to keep their 'stangs parked next to all their TBirds
they can't unload.

Old November 27th 04, 12:20 AM
John

"mac" > wrote in message
om...
> so what does everyone think of the 05 mustang. nice lookig pony.

It's not unbiased, but . . . .

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/featu...?release=19399

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old November 27th 04, 01:30 AM
Dana H. Myers

yahoo oldrbuttwizer wrote:
> Dwight....
>
> as far as never hearing from the dealer: I've been logging into
> fordvehicles.com since February trying to get the latest info......have
> signed-up for "latest updates" a dozen times........requested brochures
> 3 times........nothing.
>
> our local dealer (Donley Ford in Ashland OH) finally got some in 3 weeks
> ago (really weird ones like GTs with the cheap interior, 6s with
> Interior Accent/leather, etc)......all of them marked "Local Market
> Value Adjustment +$1000.00.
>
> don't know if they're actually getting over sticker.....but they can
> stuff them where the sun don't shine before I pay sticker....or buy
> something without an incentive.
>
> maybe they want to keep their 'stangs parked next to all their TBirds
> they can't unload.

You guys!! The new 'Stang is hot. Meaning it's sucker-bait
and the dealers are exploiting this.

Y'all take a breath and watch the groovy commercials and
come back when the dealers are treating the cars like cars
and not like rock stars. You'll save a lot of money ;-)

Old November 27th 04, 05:55 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

Dana H. Myers wrote:

> You guys!! The new 'Stang is hot. Meaning it's sucker-bait
> and the dealers are exploiting this.
>
> Y'all take a breath and watch the groovy commercials and
> come back when the dealers are treating the cars like cars
> and not like rock stars. You'll save a lot of money ;-)

Did she say "groovy"???

--
YOU are the real piece of work in this post. I think you are
a couple of drumsticks short of a picnic there bud. - SVTKate
Old November 27th 04, 06:01 PM
John

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> Dana H. Myers wrote:
>
>> You guys!! The new 'Stang is hot. Meaning it's sucker-bait
>> and the dealers are exploiting this.
>>
>> Y'all take a breath and watch the groovy commercials and
>> come back when the dealers are treating the cars like cars
>> and not like rock stars. You'll save a lot of money ;-)
>>

> Did she say "groovy"???

Yep, I understand that era dialect perfectly.

Old November 27th 04, 07:35 PM
Jeff

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:30:57 -0800, Dana H. Myers wrote:

> You guys!! The new 'Stang is hot. Meaning it's sucker-bait
> and the dealers are exploiting this.
>
> Y'all take a breath and watch the groovy commercials and
> come back when the dealers are treating the cars like cars
> and not like rock stars. You'll save a lot of money ;-)

Well put Dana. Fortunately I store my stang for the winter otherwise I
would have done something silly like buy one on impulse. I had
every intention of buying it next year. This would give them time to
'cool down' and get away from selling over/at sticker price, which is crap
IMO. After talking sensibly with the wife, I realized that mine
is still in near perfect condition, paid for, causing me no problems
and still pretty hot looking (the stang, not the wife, many, many more
years of payment on her <G>), I decided not to get the new Mustang but
being that I'm 19 trapped in the body of a 34 yr old, the kid in me feels
the need to 'play'. I'm planning on doing major mods and for the past
couple days been researching. The word "Holy Crap" comes to mind. Lot of
things to research and it can be very over-whelming. Pumping this amount
of serious cash into a car isn't something I'm jumping into head first.
The biggest thing will be a supercharger along with gears, exhaust,
shifter, stabilizers, and whatever else is required to meet the specs of
those. I may look at a different body kit, depending on what my
performance parts come too, which is my main goal; performance not looks :-)

Quick question off the cuff; while researching the superchargers, I've
noticed that stock 01 GT engines can handle up to 450HP. I'm still unsure
at this point exactly how high I'm going but is there much involved (and
$$$) to mod the engine to go beyond this limit should I want more
HP/bigger charger?

TIA

Jeff
01 GT
FIPK
....more this spring :-)

Old November 27th 04, 08:32 PM
Dana H. Myers

John wrote:
> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
>
>>Dana H. Myers wrote:
>>

>>>You guys!! The new 'Stang is hot. Meaning it's sucker-bait
>>>and the dealers are exploiting this.
>>>
>>>Y'all take a breath and watch the groovy commercials and
>>>come back when the dealers are treating the cars like cars
>>>and not like rock stars. You'll save a lot of money ;-)
>>>

>> Did she say "groovy"???
>>

> Yep, I understand that era dialect perfectly.

Heh. Who's the "she" you're talking about?
And what era are we discussing?

;-)

(Hint: http://www.dioxine.net/~dana/new_pic.jpg )
Old November 27th 04, 08:34 PM
Dana H. Myers

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
> Dana H. Myers wrote:
>

>> You guys!! The new 'Stang is hot. Meaning it's sucker-bait
>> and the dealers are exploiting this.
>>
>> Y'all take a breath and watch the groovy commercials and
>> come back when the dealers are treating the cars like cars
>> and not like rock stars. You'll save a lot of money ;-)
>>

> Did she say "groovy"???

Sometimes I say "hecka", too.

;-)