To everyone wanting repair advice & direction...

Old October 30th 04, 01:26 AM
Lane

Default To everyone wanting repair advice & direction...

I've seen a lot of people asking here recently, "where is this..." "how do
I do that...".

Rather than solely relying on the kindness of strangers to post, pick up a
Haynes or Chilton manual for your car at any auto parts store for around
$10. It is amazing what you can do with one (along with some patience,
confidence, and a few tools).

Also, do a Google groups search of this message group. You are likely not
the first who has ever asked the question. A LOT of questions could be
answered very quickly with a Google groups search.

Being a Saturn owner for more than 11 years now, I used to post here a lot
offering instructions and help to those who asked, but don't do it much
anymore. I find the exact same questions being asked over and over, and a
person has only so much time and patience to retype the answer each time.
Use Google groups. It will help.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

Old October 30th 04, 03:42 AM
rufus

There is no $10 Haynes or Chilton manual for an L100, L200, LW200, L300, or
LW300.

Old October 31st 04, 04:29 AM
Oppie

"rufus" > wrote in message
| There is no $10 Haynes or Chilton manual for an L100, L200, LW200, L300,
or
| LW300.

Which is why I invested $140 in the set of factory manuals from Helm.

I'll take a Haynes manual over a Chilton any day... If they would only
publish what I need. Chilton manuals used to be great - about 30 years ago

Old October 31st 04, 03:51 PM
marx404

Haynes and Chilton manuals are available at any Doscount/Advanced Auto, Pep
Boys or other auto parts store at an average of $15 each.

Just fyi, to be helpful, Lane is right, there are alredy alot of old
archived posts here. To find them using Outlook Express, click on the Find
button on the top toolbar and search for any keyword.

You can also search this board from Google at: http://groups.google.com/
Just type in Saturn in the search and click on Related groups link at the
top of the posts.
All posts are archived there too and no newsreader required.

marx404

Old October 31st 04, 09:38 PM
Dana Rohleder

I agree - part of working on your own car is doing your own research.

Dana

--
Dana C. Rohleder
Port Kent, NY

Old November 2nd 04, 08:09 PM
Richard

<sarcasm>Is it still okay to post a question about a procedure before
proceding based solely on what Chilton's says?</sarcasm>

Everyone is at a different stage in their learning. Whether it is cars or
computers or life. I will still thank those who take the trouble to ask, and
those who take the trouble to answer. I learn from reading both.

Old November 3rd 04, 06:52 AM

I've been reading this ng for a long time just to learn.
Personally, I hope Lane says around as he's definitely a Saturn
Pro. He's given me good advice and others as well. Tomorrow,
I've got to get to the bottom of a 'Code 26'. The weather's
getting rotten and I was hoping I'd prepared my Saturn enough to
get through til spring time. Wrong! I hope it isn't the
Canister Purge solenoid. Think I'm getting old.... Being as how
the SES light comes on at startup, it's probably, indeed, the
purge solenoid. Crap. Read google's related past article's and
will tackle this torrow, weather permitting.