CR-V question

Old January 6th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
fish

Default CR-V question

E Meyer respectfully typed:

> After I bought the '06 CR-V last year, I found that
> the mileage number reported by Consumer Reports
> from their tests turned out to be exactly what it gets

How would you rate the service department?

Personally, I was shocked that the Honda service center was closed on a
Saturday, while the Toyota Service Center was open.

I kind of have an idea of which vehicle I am leaning towards.

I might rent a vehicle for a day and drive it on the highway (not something
I would do on a demo test drive), then when I am ready to take the official
test drive, I will have real world knowledge.
_________
===fish===
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Old January 6th 07, 08:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 06:27:33 +0000, fish wrote:

> E Meyer respectfully typed:
>
>> After I bought the '06 CR-V last year, I found that
>> the mileage number reported by Consumer Reports
>> from their tests turned out to be exactly what it gets

> How would you rate the service department?
>
> Personally, I was shocked that the Honda service center was closed on a
> Saturday, while the Toyota Service Center was open.
>
> I kind of have an idea of which vehicle I am leaning towards.
>
> I might rent a vehicle for a day and drive it on the highway (not something
> I would do on a demo test drive), then when I am ready to take the official
> test drive, I will have real world knowledge.

You ARE aware that the dealers are *NOT* run by the auto maker, right?

Your dealer is an independent franchise. My local Honda dealer is open
every day but Sunday, and the service department is top notch. I rarely
use them, though, since my car has never broken, and they are too far away
for normal maintenance...
Old January 6th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

On 1/6/07 12:27 AM, in article pjHnh.1160$Ul4.639@trnddc05, "fish"
> wrote:

> E Meyer respectfully typed:
>
>> After I bought the '06 CR-V last year, I found that
>> the mileage number reported by Consumer Reports
>> from their tests turned out to be exactly what it gets

> How would you rate the service department?

The three times I've been in there in 12,000 miles, they were extremely
accommodating. Two free oil changes while I waited and on the third visit,
they did a four wheel alignment and replaced a defective plastic cargo hook
in under an hour while I waited. Although I did call ahead for
appointments, I haven't need one. Free car wash and Starbucks coffee every
time.

I don't know if they are open on Saturdays - being semi-retired, I don't
have that problem anymore. About the only issue I have with them is the
fact that they are 20 miles away.

The car is showing itself to be unlikely to need any further visits for
dealer service for a long time. Now that I've used up the free oil changes
that came with it I'll start doing them myself. so barring some major
mechanical catastrophe while its under warranty, I doubt I'll see the place
again.

> Personally, I was shocked that the Honda service center was closed on a
> Saturday, while the Toyota Service Center was open.
>
> I kind of have an idea of which vehicle I am leaning towards.
>
> I might rent a vehicle for a day and drive it on the highway (not something
> I would do on a demo test drive), then when I am ready to take the official
> test drive, I will have real world knowledge.

Not a bad idea at all. Talk to the dealers, they might just give you one
for a day. When I started looking, the 4-cylinder RAV-4 looked better on
paper (more horsepower, features, etc.), but after driving them both, the
Honda just felt better - it had a tighter feel & seemed more responsive
despite the horsepower numbers.

At the time I was shopping, the V6 Rav4 had just come out and the one dealer
that had one was so overtly sleazy that I never got to drive it ("we have to
run a credit check be allowing a test drive in case you steal the car"), or
the decision might have gone the other way.

> _________
> ===fish===
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Jeep Front End Question/ 2000 JGC + Bonus Question!! James[_1_] Jeep 30 November 4th 06 07:52 PM
A Physics Question Alan Baker Driving 1 September 9th 06 05:49 AM
2005 Mustang Fog Light Question Craig Shaffer Ford Mustang 2 June 23rd 06 06:24 PM
1993 Saturn Fuel Filter Question OHC (SOHC)? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 21st 06 08:39 PM
93 SL1 Valve Body - Question Gary Compton Saturn 3 September 3rd 04 05:58 PM