Honda Fit or Scion xA?

Old November 10th 06, 01:02 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
Mikhail T.

Default Honda Fit or Scion xA?

We are looking for a small car to get around city and be easy to find
parking for. Has to be easy to get in and out. Both Fit and xA fit the
bill...

Which one is safer? (Side airbags are available in both.)

Which one is "nicer"? Is Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist available for Fit?
Toyota's Vehicle Stability Control is *not* available for xA...

How about GPS, Bluetooth integration, Remote Starter? Moon-roof?

Fit seems cheaper -- why? Thanks for any comments!

-mi
Old November 10th 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
my name is

Mikhail T. wrote:
> We are looking for a small car to get around city and be easy to find
> parking for. Has to be easy to get in and out. Both Fit and xA fit the
> bill...

- snip -

Edmunds.com
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/hond...relanding.html
among others has a good compare vehicles tool, check it out.

--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net

1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
Old November 10th 06, 01:22 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
Hachiroku

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:02:24 -0500, Mikhail T. wrote:

> We are looking for a small car to get around city and be easy to find
> parking for. Has to be easy to get in and out. Both Fit and xA fit the
> bill...
>
> Which one is safer? (Side airbags are available in both.)
>
> Which one is "nicer"? Is Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist available for Fit?
> Toyota's Vehicle Stability Control is *not* available for xA...
>
> How about GPS, Bluetooth integration, Remote Starter? Moon-roof?
>
> Fit seems cheaper -- why? Thanks for any comments!
>
> -mi

Either one is a decent choice in that category.
I looked at a Fit and not an xA (xA's are not as nice looking, to me...)
But I bought a tC.

The only thing I didn't like about the Fit? The fact it replaced the Civic
Si hatch! Imagine replacing a little Fire Breather with a Huffer-Puffer!

But that's my rant. Either one is good.
Old November 10th 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
Larry[_4_]

"Mikhail T." > wrote in message
> We are looking for a small car to get around city and be easy to find
> parking for. Has to be easy to get in and out. Both Fit and xA fit the
> bill...
>
> Which one is safer? (Side airbags are available in both.)
>
> Which one is "nicer"? Is Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist available for
> Fit?
> Toyota's Vehicle Stability Control is *not* available for xA...
>
> How about GPS, Bluetooth integration, Remote Starter? Moon-roof?
>
> Fit seems cheaper -- why? Thanks for any comments!
>
> -mi

The Toyota Yaris is a closer comparison to the Fit. The Scion is alo
cheaper, but has mods from Scion as options to trick it up, too. You can't
go wrong with any of them IMO.

Old November 10th 06, 06:23 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
John Horner

Take long test drives in both and get the one you like better. It is
really that simple.

Old November 10th 06, 01:18 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
Hachiroku

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:04:37 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article <3788249.d55MKlOzoD@misha>,
> "Mikhail T." > wrote:
>
>> We are looking for a small car to get around city and be easy to find
>> parking for. Has to be easy to get in and out. Both Fit and xA fit the
>> bill...
>>
>> Which one is safer? (Side airbags are available in both.)
>>
>> Which one is "nicer"? Is Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist available for Fit?
>> Toyota's Vehicle Stability Control is *not* available for xA...
>>
>> How about GPS, Bluetooth integration, Remote Starter? Moon-roof?

> You'll want to look at the Nissan Versa for those things.

Nissans suck. I know.
Old November 10th 06, 02:04 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
Art[_1_]

Consumer Reports just rated the cars you are looking at. Check it out at
your local library. I think Fit was their favorite but they actually
indicated that the slightly outdated Focus with all of the incentives
available could be a better buy than all of the new models. Worth reading.

Old November 10th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
who

In article >,
"Larry" > wrote:

> The Toyota Yaris is a closer comparison to the Fit.

Not even close.
I fit the Fit, but not the smaller interior Yaris.
Old November 10th 06, 09:25 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
Mikhail T.

Art wrote:
> Consumer Reports just rated the cars you are looking at. Check it out at
> your local library. I think Fit was their favorite but they actually
> indicated that the slightly outdated Focus with all of the incentives
> available could be a better buy than all of the new models. Worth
> reading.

Thanks, I'm actually, their Internet-subscriber. Nissan Versa is the best,
in their opinion, although Fit is the most economical.

With 5K miles/year, fuel efficiency is not a concern here. Safety and
comforts are.

Trying to configure "my own Versa" on nissanusa.com, though, I can't include
both the ABS Package and the "Convenience Package" (which includes
Bluetooth). This puzzles me greatly, but if bluetooth is incompatible with
ABS in a Nissan (and a dealer just confirmed this much over the phone),
then so be it... Oh, and the "Sunroof Package" requires the "Audio Package"
and one of the SIRIUS or XM satellite radio systems. Bizarre...

The second-best was Fit, according to CR with 64-points to Versa's 65. But
all of Toyotas/Scions were below Korean models, and Scion xA, in
particular, had only 37 :-(

-mi
Old November 10th 06, 09:32 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.makers.toyota
Mikhail T.

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> You'll want to look at the Nissan Versa for those things.

In a Versa Bluetooth and ABS are mutually exclusive... Go figure...

-mi