Sneak Peek -- Camaro SS

Old March 29th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_37_]

Default Sneak Peek -- Camaro SS

wrote in news:88fae5d6-3989-4050-88f2-
:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219

> Now see what I talking about?
>
> Though in the video the car doesn't look very good.
>
> Patrick

Still looks a bit garish in the pic IMO.
Old March 30th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Mar 29, 7:57 am, Joe > wrote:

> >> Sorry, Patrick, but that thing looks like crap. Way overdone and
> >> over the top IMO.

> > That link, for some reason now, doesn't take me to the photo I first
> > saw. The photo I saw was a white Camaro SS with a black side stripe,
> > and view only showed the front clip. In that pic I first saw, the car
> > looked great.

> > These six photos (red Camaro SS) however are.. being nice... much less
> > flattering.

> That's an understatement IMO. The red car is about as close to rice
> you can come without it actually being rice.

And then you see pics like this one.

http://www.madness-us-cars.com/actua...sformers-1.jpg

And videos like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sX1...eature=related

Patrick
Old March 30th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

wrote:
> On Mar 29, 7:57 am, Joe > wrote:

http://news.windingroad.com/category/spy-shots/

>>> That link, for some reason now, doesn't take me to the photo I
>>> first saw. The photo I saw was a white Camaro SS with a black
>>> side stripe, and view only showed the front clip. In that pic I
>>> first saw, the car looked great.

>>> These six photos (red Camaro SS) however are.. being nice... much
>>> less flattering.

>> That's an understatement IMO. The red car is about as close
>> to rice you can come without it actually being rice.

> And then you see pics like this one.
>
> http://www.madness-us-cars.com/actua...sformers-1.jpg
>
> And videos like this.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sX1...eature=related
>
> Patrick

I like the look of the one in the video; pretty clean, with the
glowering, lowered-eyebrow look of the headlights carried over to the
tail lamps. They did one thing better than Ford's S197: got the
godawful front and rear bumper shelves of the Mustang to conform to
the body shape; of course that probably triples the repair cost in a
5MPH bump ...

Other than the better bumper integration, I don't see any differences
beyond details between the Mustang and Camaro. There's just so much
you can do within a basic configuration without going over the top and
potentially alienating everyone, rather than just brand loyalists.

--
Frank ess