I GOT ONE!

Old March 30th 05, 10:24 PM
dwight

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Quiet Desperation wrote:
>
> > > AuTo or StiCK Shift?

> > Auto. I know that's a sin to some,
> > but I live in a Major Metropolitan Area[tm].

> There is no doubt about it, in a metro area you gotta have an auto or
> the car's for weekends only. I drive my kids' stick-shift '65 fb to
> work sometimes, crossing the SF Bay Bridge. Along about the 20th
> minute of stopping and going to get through the toll booth I'm ready to
> get out and start walking. Keeping the faith is all well and good, but
> the car will get a lot more use if it's not torture to use it.

As you know, I get to choose my poison. Today is the "official" first day of
Spring (mid-60s and sunny), so I've got the '93 GT convertible with
automatic (CFrog). But on those days that I take the '93 LX stick (TFrog) to
work, I can usually count on a good, long traffic snarl. Yes, the left knee
gets a great workout, but I never complain. Well, maybe if it's a
10-feet-at-a-time crawl up a big, steep hill, but I'm still happy to be
driving stick, when the traffic lets up and we get moving again.

As for the weekends, yes, it's TFrog for a romp, and CFrog for tooling
around with the top down and my wife in the passenger seat.

> Glad to hear they're dealing (a little) on the GT's. My local Ford
> dealer has a silver/black GT vert out front and of course they want the
> $5,000 added dealer profit. That makes it a $38,000 car, just a few
> thou below a Corvette!

I have yet to see a GT convertible locally. I was just checking out a white
coupe, which listed at about $27K. The dealer's markup was an additional
$2,000, but I want to talk to the guy who actually pays that. That's as bad
as taking out a personal seat license for the privilege of buying season
tickets. Well, worse, actually.

dwight

Old March 31st 05, 02:07 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Don't let Dave here you say that.... http://www.daveyugo.com
Old March 31st 05, 03:35 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article . com>,
> wrote:

> Glad to hear they're dealing (a little) on the GT's.

Well, it was a swap for an MSRP order, so... not really a deal, but
nice of them to do that. I'll probably buy my LoJack there.

See dealers? Be nice and get repeat business.
Old March 31st 05, 05:53 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article >, ZombyWoof
> wrote:

> Aww come on. If I can ride a Harley in a Metro area you can certainly
> drive a manual transmission car.

I know this is hard for some to understand, but I don't *want* to drive
a stick.
Old March 31st 05, 08:10 AM
Richard

I understand completely .
Just what is the fascination with a clutch?

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old March 31st 05, 01:18 PM
SVTKate

I used to commute from Modesto to San Mateo.
Believe me *I* understand!

I was happo to have an auto then.

Kate

Old March 31st 05, 01:20 PM
SVTKate

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
| Dana H. Myers wrote:
| > WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
| >
| >> The new Mustangs also have a really high reliability rating.
| >

| > Um, that's a brand-new car. I rather suspect they don't
| > have a high *reliability* rating, there's no way we can know
| > yet. They probably have a very high *initial satisfaction*
| > rating, though, given all the hype.
| >
| >> You wanna talk about crap? lets talk about early to mid 80s Jags or
| >> early to mid 80s Cimmeron/Cavaliers.
| >

| > Or Yugos.
| >
| > Dana
|

| Don't let Dave here you say that.... http://www.daveyugo.com

Isn't that just the coolest thing!
Ya gotta love a guy that has that much gumption.

Old April 1st 05, 05:40 AM
Richard

Ah, but then again you haven't been out with me. Downshifting as you enter
into the curve and powering your way through it with one hand on the wheel
and the other on the stick,then upshifting as you come out of the curve just
doesn't do it for me anymore. I would bet that I can out drive most others
on a stick with an automatic that is properly set up.