Life After GM?

Old July 14th 08, 10:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

Default Life After GM?

You haven't heard about the merger between Porshe and GM? Better read the
paper.......................

Old July 15th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Speaker of the Truth[_2_]

Yoou guys given any thought to Life after GM? At this point it doesn't sound
good.

Old July 15th 08, 01:31 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Speaker of the Truth" > wrote
in message
. ..
> Yoou guys given any thought to Life after GM? At this
> point it doesn't sound
> good.

"GM" may be going through some changes,
but you haven't seen that last of them by a long shot.

my2˘
--
'Key
=====

Old July 15th 08, 05:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Zombywoof wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:27:39 -0700, "Spud" > wrote:
>
>> You haven't heard about the merger between Porshe and GM? Better read the
>> paper.......................
>>

> Some could see it as a “MegaMerger”, others as a “MegaDisaster”.
> Either way, BusinessWeek magazine learned from an unnamed source that
> at a few recent meetings, unammed General Motors executives shared
> their thoughts about the possibility of a merger with arch American
> rival, Ford Motor Company.
>
> However, some narrow minded fellow execs (before you start commenting,
> we’re being sarcastic now…) dismissed the idea as they believed a
> merger with a company that has even worse problems than GM would be a
> huge distraction at a time when management needs to focus on a
> turnaround.
>
> Commenting on the report, David Cole, chairman of the Center for
> Automotive Research said, "I don't think a merger is likely. But
> you'll see a lot of options considered if they think bigger problems
> will come by."

That would be akin to the merger between Eastern
Airlines and National Airlines. No survivors.

Just sorting out the logistic systems in a
Ford-GM merger would be a big black hole in
which to dump money.

Toyota and Nissan each have is a minimal number
of brands and franchise systems--makes for a
less costly marketing system. With Hummer gone,
GM will still have six marques.

When Waggoner was at the Arlington plant last
week the media addressed the costs of dropping a
product line.

Getting rid of the 'badge cars' would be costly.
The expenses in dropping Oldsmobile were
minimized by offering other products to Olds
dealers. If Pontiac or Buick were to go, there
aren't feasible alternatives to offer and the
franchise buy-outs would be fierce.

Choices are limited.

--
pj

Old July 16th 08, 12:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

They will still be around. C7 may be VERY long in coming. Hope folks like
the C6.

Old July 17th 08, 12:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Mark[_30_]

Has this 'merger' been verified? If so, When and by Whom?

"Uncle_vito" > wrote in message
> They will still be around. C7 may be VERY long in coming. Hope folks

like
> the C6.
>
> "Speaker of the Truth" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Yoou guys given any thought to Life after GM? At this point it doesn't
> > sound
> > good.

It's life Jim.... Willem-Jan Markerink 4x4 3 January 16th 08 08:39 AM
the AIM of LIFE algaga Jeep 4 September 30th 07 09:55 PM
I need a life Jan VW air cooled 4 November 30th 04 10:38 PM