81 CJ7 PCV valves

Old April 13th 05, 04:19 AM
Greg

Default 81 CJ7 PCV valves

Can someone tell me what PCV valves go in an 81 CJ7, on all the sites it
will say 83 to 89 with 6 cyl, or 73 to 81 8 cyl, but I can't find ones for
an 81 with the 6 cyl.

Old April 13th 05, 08:13 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Greg,
I'd use your local parts store for a Positive Crankcase Venation
valve. Remember the valve is almost never the problem, it usually carbon
clogs at the base of the carburetor. It's easiest to pull the carburetor
and chisel it out.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 13th 05, 01:47 PM
Mike Romain

I have 'I think' a 78 engine in my 86 and I just get one from Canadian
Tire for the 86. It appears to work properly.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 13th 05, 03:09 PM
Greg

Thanks to both of you, I may try Can Tire and get one for 81 and 86 just
to see if there is a difference, that is if they list an 81, will let you
know if there is any difference, my remanned engine is going in this week
and that is the oly thing I haven't gotten new for it.

Old April 13th 05, 04:52 PM
Mike Romain

CT even sells new PCV grommets and new oil filler caps really cheap in
the 'Help' brand of stuff.

Mike

Greg wrote:

> Thanks to both of you, I may try Can Tire and get one for 81 and 86 just
> to see if there is a difference, that is if they list an 81, will let you
> know if there is any difference, my remanned engine is going in this week
> and that is the oly thing I haven't gotten new for it.
>
> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> >I have 'I think' a 78 engine in my 86 and I just get one from Canadian
> > Tire for the 86. It appears to work properly.
> >
> > Mike
> > 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
> > 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
> >
> > Greg wrote:
> >>
> >> Can someone tell me what PCV valves go in an 81 CJ7, on all the sites
> >> it
> >> will say 83 to 89 with 6 cyl, or 73 to 81 8 cyl, but I can't find ones
> >> for
> >> an 81 with the 6 cyl.

What is shrouding the valves? trying to adjust head cc's Matt S VW air cooled 19 March 21st 05 12:50 AM
Bug master cylinder: Residual Pressure Valves? VW air cooled 6 February 17th 05 09:12 AM
'00 CR-v Check Engine Light (valves) Snake Honda 2 December 15th 04 12:44 PM
Plugged Egr Valves Why? Tjacobs Honda 3 November 17th 04 08:01 PM
Advan Racing Wheel Valves Mat G General 0 May 24th 04 08:03 PM