Metal pushbutton -- what's it for?

Old January 1st 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Metal pushbutton -- what's it for?

What is the metal pushbutton which is in front of the driver's left
knee? It's in a 1993 Grand Caravan. It might be in all Caravans for
all I know.

Old January 1st 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

>> Why don't you press the button and see what happens?

> I think I've seen far too many James Bond movies to ever do that!

Reminds me of an ancient Nixon/Kruschev joke.
Old January 2nd 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>>> Why don't you press the button and see what happens?

>> I think I've seen far too many James Bond movies to ever do that!

> Reminds me of an ancient Nixon/Kruschev joke.

Well don't hold back. Let's hear it!

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 2nd 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Daniel J. Stern" > writes:

> On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> >> Why don't you press the button and see what happens?

> > I think I've seen far too many James Bond movies to ever do that!

> Reminds me of an ancient Nixon/Kruschev joke.

Yes?
skype: jjpfeifferjr
Old January 2nd 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

>>> I think I've seen far too many James Bond movies to ever do that!

>> Reminds me of an ancient Nixon/Kruschev joke.

> Yes?

Or maybe it was Reagan/Gorbachev. Or both. So, the Nixons are entertaining
Kruschev for an evening at the White House. Dinner, few drinks, coupla
laughs, y'know. Conversation ranges all over the place; by and by it comes
out that Kruschev is an accomplished pianist. The Nixons usher him to the
concert grand Steinway and he sits down and begins playing beautifully.

As he plays, though, he catches site of a red pushbutton installed in the
wood panel just to the right of the topmost key. He can't help wondering
what it does, and finally his curiosity gets the best of him and he pushes
it. A trapdoor above the piano bench opens, and Kruschev is drenched with
water. The Nixons roll on the floor with laughter. Kruschev does his best
to maintain his dignity.

Time passes, and eventually Kruschev invites the Nixons to the Kremlin.
Dinner, few vodkas, coupla laughs. Of course, Nixon can barely contain
himself, 'cause he's been practicing piano so as not to be seen as having
inferior skill to his Soviet counterpart. After dinner, he casually
mentions piano, one thing leads to another, and he finds himself seated at
a concert Bösendorffer. He begins playing, but soon notices a green
pushbutton mounted in the wood panel just to the left of the lowest key.
At first he resists, remembering his own practical joke on Kruschev, but
eventually he just has to press the button.

Nothing happens, so he presses it again, and again. Still nothing, but
Kruschev is doubled-up on the floor with laughter. Nixon asks Kruschev
"Please explain the joke to me so I can take your unique Soviet humor back
and explain it to my people in the interest of improved cultural
understanding between the Soviet Union and the United States."

Kruschev catches his breath and says "What United States?".

DS (was it worth it...?)