LA County: You're Stuck in a Traffic Jam Until AT LEAST 2016

Old December 1st 05, 07:48 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

Default LA County: You're Stuck in a Traffic Jam Until AT LEAST 2016

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, JohnH wrote:
>> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>>> First of all, Aunt Judy is a "he."

>> And you know this how? Secondly, how can a fake person have a proper
>> gender?

> check it's yahoo profile(s)

What would that prove?

And who has so little life to chase trolls around anyway?

Old December 1st 05, 08:59 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

> If that were the case, I would get 'payback' from some of them as I
> have seen many do to LLBs.

Keep it up. Eventually one of the anonymous "friends" you are doing this
great service for will be a cop; one can only hope he will teach you a
lesson and give you an award for blocking the left lane and teaching someone
a lesson. He'll enjoy your reason, I'm sure.

>> The highway is NEVER a place to teach someone a "lesson".

> One of the big problems with roads in the USA is that there is no
> social correction of rude MFFY types. In fact, their behavior is
> tolerated, encouraged, and rewarded. Then again, that's now going on
> society wide.

I'm sure as many of "them" think *you* need to be corrected.

Old December 1st 05, 10:09 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

JohnH, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:45:11 -0500:
> Some of them are obsessed with her; the ones who
> change their nyms to mock her and the ones who
> maintain a database of what she said.

So nice to see that you have so much time on *your* hands as to worry
about what I and a few others do. Don't like what we have to say, don't
read our posts.
Old December 1st 05, 10:38 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

In article >,
"JohnH" > says:

>Keep it up. Eventually one of the anonymous "friends" you are doing this
>great service for will be a cop; one can only hope he will teach you a
>lesson and give you an award for blocking the left lane and teaching someone
>a lesson. He'll enjoy your reason, I'm sure.

You're on crack. Cops drive fast as hell 'cause the chances they'll get
a ticket that sticks is relatively *nil*. They don't LLB.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
Old December 1st 05, 11:08 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

necromancer wrote:
> JohnH, > was motivated to say this in
> rec.autos.driving on Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:45:11 -0500:
>> Some of them are obsessed with her; the ones who
>> change their nyms to mock her and the ones who
>> maintain a database of what she said.

> So nice to see that you have so much time on *your* hands as to worry
> about what I and a few others do. Don't like what we have to say,
> don't read our posts.

Heh - just how black is that kettle?

Old December 1st 05, 11:10 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

>> Keep it up. Eventually one of the anonymous "friends" you are doing
>> this great service for will be a cop; one can only hope he will
>> teach you a lesson and give you an award for blocking the left lane
>> and teaching someone a lesson. He'll enjoy your reason, I'm sure.

> You're on crack. Cops drive fast as hell 'cause the chances they'll
> get a ticket that sticks is relatively *nil*. They don't LLB.

I'm referring to the one who eventually makes it up the conga line to see
our teacher holding up the works.

Old December 2nd 05, 04:19 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message

> Fascinating. The Govenator of CA, a state with more than twice the
> area and 7 times the population of WA state, thinks that $10B can solve
> it's transportation problems. WA just rejected an initiative to roll back
> a $12B gas tax increase for road infrastructure. (That amount is
> actually only about 1/2 of what even the politicians know is needed
> but more wouldn't fly.)

It is probably more about the reality of getting a bond passed than what is
actually needed to get California back to rational spending levels for
roads.

Old December 2nd 05, 04:57 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

Brent P wrote:

> I never let my speed fall below 45mph on the interstate to try and give
> an LLB a clue, but I've found the vast majority to be clue resistant.

It wasn't on an interstate (relatively light traffic). I actually went
through a series of green lights at that speed. As for the clue
resistant part, I have to agree with you there. I decided it's not
worth the hassle of trying to get them in the right lane.

> Some will get very very angry that someone is going slower than they are
> in the passing lane, not for a moment grasping the fact that's exactly
> what they are doing to others.

My theory is that their IQ is close to a standard deviation below the
median value.
Old December 2nd 05, 05:08 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:59:32 -0500, "JohnH" >
wrote:

>Keep it up. Eventually one of the anonymous "friends" you are doing this
>great service for will be a cop; one can only hope he will teach you a
>lesson and give you an award for blocking the left lane and teaching someone
>a lesson.

Not bloody likely.

The next time you're in Traffic School, and the teacher asks everyone
what infraction brought them to the class, make a note of how many
people are there for speeding (~99%) and how many are there for LLBing
(0%).