LA County: You're Stuck in a Traffic Jam Until AT LEAST 2016

Old December 1st 05, 02:21 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

Default LA County: You're Stuck in a Traffic Jam Until AT LEAST 2016

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:

>Competent drivers don't require anyone to 'let' them in under normal
>flowing circumstances. Even in bumper to bumper traffic needing someone
>to 'let' me in is very rare. I learned early on that driving in such a
>way that it is dependent on the kindness of others is foolish at best.

Counting on the idiocy of others is much more reliable, though. If
everyone was competent, things like passing a long line of traffic at
a light and merging back in in front of the inevitable sloth wouldn't
work. But then again, they wouldn't need to.

result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old December 1st 05, 03:33 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

In article >, Matthew Russotto wrote:

> Counting on the idiocy of others is much more reliable, though. If
> everyone was competent, things like passing a long line of traffic at
> a light and merging back in in front of the inevitable sloth wouldn't
> work. But then again, they wouldn't need to.

Exactly.

Old December 1st 05, 04:45 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

In article >,
"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > says:

>2) Drivers trying to merge into the right lane from the left lanes

Exacerbated by the fact that Californians are evidently genetically
driven to the left lane at all costs.

You don't get this kind of bad traffic w/o the help of millions of
sloth drivers. I suggest you look at the people around you in that
particular section of the '5 (where it's even slow late at night)
and see what kinds of people are driving around you. It's telling,
and relevant.

Early today on the '73 I was hauling ass 'till I came across three
drivers blocking each lane near the MacArthur exit, all braking as
they went downhill.

For a clue, they were all driving beat-up pickup trucks.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
Old December 1st 05, 05:23 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

Kenneth Crudup wrote:

> -Kenny, wishing I could assemble all the r.a.d posters into
> our own little country

Mmm, I believe it would be better if some r.a.d. "posters" were left out
of that group.
Old December 1st 05, 05:23 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

In article >, Kenneth Crudup wrote:

> Early today on the '73 I was hauling ass 'till I came across three
> drivers blocking each lane near the MacArthur exit, all braking as
> they went downhill.

I've been on chicago area expressways at 2:30am and been blocked by the
only 3 other vehicles in visual range.

It just doesn't take much to screw everything up.

Old December 1st 05, 05:28 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

Brent P wrote:

> I've been on chicago area expressways at 2:30am and been blocked by the
> only 3 other vehicles in visual range.
>
> It just doesn't take much to screw everything up.

Clueless drivers are everywhere. I remember one time where I finally
got past a LLB going 10 mph under the limit (65 mph where most traffic
goes 70 to 75 mph). I got in front of him and let go of the
accelerator. Even when my speed dropped down to 10 mph, the idiot
wouldn't pass me on the right (in fact, several of his passengers were
making obscene gestures from what I could tell in the rear view mirror).

As for the reason I did this, I was under the impression that the driver
would get the message and try to pass me on the right (at which point I
would floor it and resume my original cruising speed).
Old December 1st 05, 05:43 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:11:29 -0500, "JohnH" >
wrote:

>> For which you can thank people like "Laura Bush murdered her
>> boyfriend," and the reso of its naderite ilk.

>Are you really that naive? Judy is nothing more than a weak troll - not even
>disgused well at that - and you and the rest of her long term post humpers
>seem to think she's for real.

First of all, Aunt Judy is a "he."

Second of all, we all know he's a troll and doesn't actually believe
what he posts here. However, there ARE people who are exactly like
that FOR REAL out on the roads. These assholes think they're doing a
"good deed" by "pacing" traffic in the passing lane and slowing down
"those evil speeders."

If you think I'm wrong, it is you who is naive.

Old December 1st 05, 05:50 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,la.transportation

Arif Khokar wrote: <brevity snip>

> As for the reason I did this, I was under the impression that the driver
> would get the message and try to pass me on the right (at which point I
> would floor it and resume my original cruising speed).
> -----

It sounds like you're kinda busy when you drive. And in a hurry. But
suddenly... you found time to slow to attempt to send said driver a
"message"? Without regard to any drivers to your rear that your
temporary "slothness" may have affected?

If you were in such a yank why didn't you just "get on down the ****in'
road"? Do you feel you were performing some service of civic
responsibility? Where *did* you find the time for the "message" that
you lacked prior to attempting to send it?
-----

- gpsman