GM says new fuel requirements will add $6k to the prices of theircars. Toyota engineers point and laugh.

Old January 19th 08, 02:33 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
Bill Putney

Default GM says new fuel requirements will add $6k to the prices of theircars. Toyota engineers point and laugh.

http://www.reuters.com/article/techn...870320080115?f...

>> Another attempt by GM to get sympathy in Congress in the form of some
>> tax subsidy for their manufacturing and is likely complete bull****.

> Exactly, corporate America has made an art form of lying. Sadly they
> will get exactly what they want because they have so many politicians
> in their very deep pockets. Of course the hard working wage slaves of
> America will pay the huge tab.

Well, I would reply to you, but I haven't heard from Rush yet, so I
wouldn't know what to say. I want to make sure I get it right. (yeah
right)

> And the corporate errand boys in the media (e.g. Limbaugh, Hannity,
> O'
> Reilly, Beck, et.al.) will go to work convincing (and succeeding)
> their devoted lemmings that this is not only right and just but for
> their own good.

Beck might surprise you on this one. But you don't care - you're trying
to make an asinine political point, so facts don't matter. You've
probably never listened to the man. Talk about repeating mantras
(meaning you).

> "No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the
> intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone
> ever lost public office thereby."
> H. L. Mencken

Kind of like the global warming scam?

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 19th 08, 10:34 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
who

In article >,
Bill Putney > wrote:

> Kind of like the global warming scam?

Yes there is never anything positive from the GW religion.

If GM follows through on this big price increase on their cars, they are
dead.
Honda and Toyota will see to it.
Old January 20th 08, 05:05 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
Mike Marlow[_1_]

"who" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Bill Putney > wrote:
>
>> Kind of like the global warming scam?

> Yes there is never anything positive from the GW religion.
>
> If GM follows through on this big price increase on their cars, they are
> dead.
> Honda and Toyota will see to it.

Or - realizing that it can be done, they will follow suit.

--

-Mike-

Old January 21st 08, 12:43 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
HLS

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>> "No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the
>> intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone
>> ever lost public office thereby."
>> H. L. Mencken

> Kind of like the global warming scam?
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address
> with the letter 'x')

Only a real fool, or a Bush crony, could - in the face of the latest and
most definitive data
ever yet released - could make the statement that global warming is a scam.

Old January 21st 08, 01:29 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
J a c k[_2_]

HLS wrote:

> Only a real fool, or a Bush crony, could - in the face of the latest and
> most definitive data
> ever yet released - could make the statement that global warming is a scam.

A) Leave the bull**** political stuff out of the newsgroup--never more
important than in an election year.

B) If you want to talk about global warming, be careful to define which
aspect of the problem you're commenting on:

1) The planet is warming--no BFD, as it has warmed and cooled
all through its history. It has actually been warmer than it is
now through MOST of its history; or,

2) (The only thing we MIGHT be able to do something about)

(a) Are we making it significantly warmer than it would other
wise be; and,

(b) Is that a bad thing?

C) See A) above--because if it doesn't directly relate to the use and/or
abuse of however many auto groups you have spammed in this rant-post,
you are just being one more whining asshole, who probably doesn't
even vote.

Jack

Old January 21st 08, 01:44 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
Bill Putney

HLS wrote:

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>>> "No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the
>>> intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone
>>> ever lost public office thereby."
>>> H. L. Mencken

>> Kind of like the global warming scam?
>>
>> Bill Putney
>> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>> address with the letter 'x')

> Only a real fool, or a Bush crony, could - in the face of the latest and
> most definitive data
> ever yet released - could make the statement that global warming is a scam.

I guess you haven't been keeping up. It is a scam.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 21st 08, 04:26 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
RighttardSlayer

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:44:03 -0500, Bill Putney >
wrote:

>I guess you haven't been keeping up. It is a scam. <snip>

Only if you program yourself to accept Flush Liimpdick and other
righttards as "news sources."

Bill Putz-ney himself is a scam, of sorts. No, wait...make that a
Usenet troll. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Did you see the hour on CBS tonight? STILL not convinced? Then, my
friend, you're a complete idiot.

Search on: + "James Hansen" +"Bush" +"climate change" and be amazed at
how corrupt the Bush *******s really are. This particular case is a
stand-alone impeachable offense, since deliberate censoring of vital
scientific information puts the country at risk of harm...a "high
crime and misdemeanor" any way you look at it.
Old January 21st 08, 07:43 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
sharx35

"HLS" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>>> "No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the
>>> intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone
>>> ever lost public office thereby."
>>> H. L. Mencken

>> Kind of like the global warming scam?
>>
>> Bill Putney
>> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>> address with the letter 'x')

> Only a real fool, or a Bush crony, could - in the face of the latest and
> most definitive data
> ever yet released - could make the statement that global warming is a
> scam.

Well I am neither but global warming being attributed mainly to human
activity is TOTAL BULL**** and those who promulgate that opinion are IDIOTS,
IMBECILES and self-serving MORONS. Long before there were ANY human on
earth, we had periods of warming...and cooling. What is happening now all
part of normal climatic cycling. PERIOD.

Old January 21st 08, 10:56 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
Bill Putney

RighttardSlayer wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:44:03 -0500, Bill Putney >
> wrote:
>
>> I guess you haven't been keeping up. It is a scam. <snip>

> Only if you program yourself to accept Flush Liimpdick and other
> righttards as "news sources."
>
> Bill Putz-ney himself is a scam, of sorts. No, wait...make that a
> Usenet troll. Yeah, that's the ticket.
>
> Did you see the hour on CBS tonight? STILL not convinced? Then, my
> friend, you're a complete idiot.
>
> Search on: + "James Hansen" +"Bush" +"climate change" and be amazed at
> how corrupt the Bush *******s really are. This particular case is a
> stand-alone impeachable offense, since deliberate censoring of vital
> scientific information puts the country at risk of harm...a "high
> crime and misdemeanor" any way you look at it.

Well - all I've ever seen from your ilk is faked data (time shifted CO2
and temperature plots making it look like increased O2 precedes
temperature increase, instead of the opposite which is what the
original, untampered-with data showed), and cherry-picking of
temperature like with the Cascade snow pack data (and removal of the guy
who blew the whistle on that fraudulent "science" from his position with
the state of Washington), NASA having to re-publish its own corrected
data that had previously been faked, how the IPCC generates it's
fraudulent reports, several people involved in the IPCC denouncing its
methods and conclusions, Al Gore who I need not explain anything about
since it's pretty obvious he's a fraud, and then when anybody says they
can't accept the faked science you go into childish tirades like you
just did. Al Gore, George Soros, and CBS can convince you, but you are
convincing nobody.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 21st 08, 10:50 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.politics
HLS

**** you, jack..
I will post whatever I want