value of 1991 Miata

Old October 11th 04, 06:16 PM
J Frank Freeman

Default value of 1991 Miata

What is the value of my 1991 Miata with only 43,000 miles in excellent
condition ? Thanks in advance for opinions.
Frank

Old October 12th 04, 01:07 AM
Tom Howlin

Whatever KBB and NADA say its worth. There is no collector or unique
value associated with any Miata other than perhaps a Sunburst or BRG in
absolutely stock and mint condition. Beyond that, Miatas are too
plentiful to have any value above book and the book will make the
appropriate adjustment for the low mileage. Also, low mileage isn't as
important on a Miata as they may be on some other vehicles. Lots of
100K+ Miatas that still run like new and if properly maintained, still
handle likewise.

Tom
92 Red

Old October 13th 04, 12:05 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

I have to disagree somewhat with Tom said but, for regular people he might
be right but for miataphiles, any color other than Red is worth extra money.
Each color has a slightly different 'extra' value. Even that probably varies
somewhat regionally. Before the "RED GUYS" attack me for saying that thier
cars aren't worth anything, HOLD UP! I didn't say that, the fact is that
Mazda made allot of red ones, they are very 'common' and that hurts thier
value some (IN MY EXTENSIVE, NEVER-ENDING SHOPPING RITUAL FOR MIATA'S). I
would add that a beautifully maintained red miata, to the right buyer could
sell for every bit as much as any other color. Don't shoot the messenger
please.

Also, I'd add that one persons "excellent condition" can be a world
different from another persons interpretation of "excellent condition"

Chris
92BB&T

Old October 13th 04, 12:41 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>would add that a beautifully maintained red miata, to the right buyer could
>sell for every bit as much as any other color.

Absolutely.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata ,)
http://www.dommelen.net/miata

Old October 13th 04, 08:05 PM
pws

Alex Rodriguez wrote:

> I see plenty of Miata on the road, as well as parked, and red is not the
> most common color. I would say that there is really no one color that is
> more common than any other.
> ----------
> Alex

By 1997, there were 84,196 red miatas. The next highest number was
32,466 UC White miatas. That makes more than twice as many M1 miatas in
red than in any other single color.
The most common color for the M2 so far is Emerald Green (16,756), with
Red following in 2nd place (12,042).
Out of 309,305 miatas, 96,238 came from the factory painted red. I think
that makes red the most common/popular color for the history of the car
by a large margin.

http://tinyurl.com/6ygml (link to miata.net information page)

Pat
'96M
Old October 13th 04, 09:34 PM
Expmiata

>The next highest number was
>32,466 UC White miatas

That would be MEE! :-D
~Cissy :-)
Old October 13th 04, 11:59 PM
jchase

Alex Rodriguez wrote:

> I see plenty of Miata on the road, as well as parked, and red is not the
> most common color. I would say that there is really no one color that is
> more common than any other.
> ----------
> Alex

Our local club has almost all the colors- it is interesting that the
proportion of red cars is much higher in m-1's than m-2's. Recall that
originally, the car was introduced only in red, white and blue.

Mine is silver mostly because when I went shopping, only silver,
black, and the 10th Anniversary blue were available, and I didn't think
the 10AE was worth the extra $3500, and the black didn't have LSD.

Joe
Silver '99

Old October 14th 04, 01:26 AM
Expmiata

>Gee, we even have Miatas posting now. They sure talk strangely.
>
>Leon

Uh...yah..uh hmmm ;-D She has a name! Maybe that's why she posted w/o my
permission
~Cissy :-)