A4 2.4 MPG?

Old February 20th 05, 04:15 PM
Mo

Default A4 2.4 MPG?

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a 1998 A4 2.4 Automatic. Can anyone give me an
idea of what kind of fuel consumption / MPG I could expect from this car?

Thanks,

Mo

Old February 20th 05, 04:27 PM
Its Only Me

my 1997 A4 V6 2.4 Auto does 31mpg, travelling 35 miles per day on A roads. I
try to keep revs around 2 to 2.5K with a weekly spiders web clear out.

current mileage is 58,000

dj

Old February 21st 05, 05:42 PM
Ronny

Mo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am considering purchasing a 1998 A4 2.4 Automatic. Can anyone give
> me an idea of what kind of fuel consumption / MPG I could expect from
> this car?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mo

Get a 1.8T, you won't regret it. plus if you want more power it costs £500,
and you will get nearly 40mpg on a nice run if you dont boot it.

But if you do boot it, expect to see 10-15mpg

Ronny

Old February 21st 05, 10:22 PM
Iain Miller

"Ronny" > wrote in message
> Mo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am considering purchasing a 1998 A4 2.4 Automatic. Can anyone give
>> me an idea of what kind of fuel consumption / MPG I could expect from
>> this car?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mo

> Get a 1.8T, you won't regret it. plus if you want more power it costs
> £500,

Just over £300 for an Upsolute chip/ECU upgrade....

I.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:18 AM
Andy Turner

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:22:07 GMT, "Iain Miller" > wrote:

>"Ronny" > wrote in message
>> Mo wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am considering purchasing a 1998 A4 2.4 Automatic. Can anyone give
>>> me an idea of what kind of fuel consumption / MPG I could expect from
>>> this car?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mo

>> Get a 1.8T, you won't regret it. plus if you want more power it costs
>> £500,

>Just over £300 for an Upsolute chip/ECU upgrade....

What's the before/after on that?

andyt