Turn signals inop, Front turns flash when I hit Brakes.

Old April 2nd 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Turn signals inop, Front turns flash when I hit Brakes.

I have a 76 Jeep CJ7, Recently my turn signals stopped working, so I
thought it was the flasher/relay. I replaced it. Still no turn
signals. In addition, when I apply the brakes, the front turn signals/
parking lights illuminate with the brakes, so it looks like my brake
lights go to the front and the rear. Any Suggestions? Thanks

Old April 2nd 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Got to be a melt down inside your turn signal switch, probably caused by
a short usually in the wiring to the a trailer connections. Access will be
similar to a GM: http://www.fieros.de/en/articles/steering.html and:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/column/tiltcol.html
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
djdave

If the other 2 deas dont pan out..

Could it be lighting up your parking/running lights? if so, you may
have a rear brakelight bulb in wrong. or the wrong type bulb in the
taillight,. A 1156 where a 1157 is needed will do this.

Old April 3rd 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
SnoMan

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 13:32:05 GMT, djdave > wrote:

>Could it be lighting up your parking/running lights? if so, you may
>have a rear brakelight bulb in wrong. or the wrong type bulb in the
>taillight,. A 1156 where a 1157 is needed will do this.

It could also be a bad ground because all kinds of strange things can
happen when a ground in panel area opens up.
TheSnoMan.com
Old April 4th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
97tjMike

I had the same exact problem, but on my 97 TJ. The signals worked ok,
but the left signal would light up with the brake lights. A new turn
signal switch solved the problem.