Illinois police lie about drugs in order to search vehicle on I57

Old March 1st 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Illinois police lie about drugs in order to search vehicle on I57

On the news today was the story of the car that was clocked on I57
doing 101 MPH. OK, no big deal, I don't really mind if you ticket
them. Anything further, without probably cause, is bull****. It was
the middle of the night.

So, the cops say they smell drugs. Pot. As we all know, nobody
smoking pot drives like that, as pot makes one paranoid.

So they search the car and find no drugs. No surprise there. Oh,
they do find a gun. So they then arrest the driver and passenger.

Now, if they had a reason to search the car, fine. But obviously the
pot story is a ruse. If they really had smelled drugs, the chance of
finding NOTHING is pretty slim. So they used a fabricated excuse to
search a vehicle, and then they arrested two people who may, or may
not, have been doing anything wrong, but had been annoying the cops by
"driving fast".

*************************
Dave
Old March 1st 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On the news today was the story of the car that was clocked on I57
> doing 101 MPH. OK, no big deal, I don't really mind if you ticket
> them. Anything further, without probably cause, is bull****. It was
> the middle of the night.
>
> So, the cops say they smell drugs. Pot. As we all know, nobody
> smoking pot drives like that, as pot makes one paranoid.

That is not an all inclusive opinion.

> So they search the car and find no drugs. No surprise there. Oh,
> they do find a gun. So they then arrest the driver and passenger.

Sounds reasonable.

> Now, if they had a reason to search the car, fine. But obviously the
> pot story is a ruse. If they really had smelled drugs, the chance of
> finding NOTHING is pretty slim. So they used a fabricated excuse to
> search a vehicle, and then they arrested two people who may, or may
> not, have been doing anything wrong, but had been annoying the cops by
> "driving fast".

How do you know that they did not smell pot? If they smoked a joint in the
car then one would reasonably assume that the car smells like pot and there
isn't any in the car because it was smoked. I've searched plenty of cars
that smelled like pot and I never found anything.

Good job guys.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 1st 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:15:55 -0600, DTJ > wrote:

>On the news today was the story of the car that was clocked on I57
>doing 101 MPH. OK, no big deal, I don't really mind if you ticket
>them. Anything further, without probably cause, is bull****. It was
>the middle of the night.
>
>So, the cops say they smell drugs. Pot. As we all know, nobody
>smoking pot drives like that, as pot makes one paranoid.

Ummm, I had a classmate in college get caught with a bit of pot
because he was going ~110 in a 45 zone. Stupid people smoking pot
make stupid decisions.

>So they search the car and find no drugs. No surprise there. Oh,
>they do find a gun. So they then arrest the driver and passenger.

Okay, they smelled pot on my friend and found a bunch of pot under the
driver's seat. Not similar, gotcha.

>Now, if they had a reason to search the car, fine. But obviously the
>pot story is a ruse. If they really had smelled drugs, the chance of
>finding NOTHING is pretty slim. So they used a fabricated excuse to
>search a vehicle, and then they arrested two people who may, or may
>not, have been doing anything wrong, but had been annoying the cops by
>"driving fast".

Keep me posted on the trial, I'd like to see if there were any
warrants, past arrests, etc that would have influenced police behavior
also. Part of me also wonders what the police and accused look like,
to eliminate racial profiling as a reason for the search.

Dave
---
http://www.davidphogan.com/sdroads
Amature Ass(phalt) and more!
Old March 1st 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"jaybird" > wrote in message

> "DTJ" > wrote in message
>> On the news today was the story of the car that was clocked on I57
>> doing 101 MPH. OK, no big deal, I don't really mind if you ticket
>> them. Anything further, without probably cause, is bull****. It was
>> the middle of the night.
>>
>> So, the cops say they smell drugs. Pot. As we all know, nobody
>> smoking pot drives like that, as pot makes one paranoid.

> That is not an all inclusive opinion.
>

>> So they search the car and find no drugs. No surprise there. Oh,
>> they do find a gun. So they then arrest the driver and passenger.

> Sounds reasonable.
>

>> Now, if they had a reason to search the car, fine. But obviously the
>> pot story is a ruse. If they really had smelled drugs, the chance of
>> finding NOTHING is pretty slim. So they used a fabricated excuse to
>> search a vehicle, and then they arrested two people who may, or may
>> not, have been doing anything wrong, but had been annoying the cops by
>> "driving fast".

> How do you know that they did not smell pot? If they smoked a joint in
> the car then one would reasonably assume that the car smells like pot and
> there isn't any in the car because it was smoked. I've searched plenty of
> cars that smelled like pot and I never found anything.
>
> Good job guys.

Because 9 out of 10 times cops lie

Old March 1st 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Scott en Aztlán:
> He eventually figured out that he had been stopped NEAR some kids who
> were smoking pot, and the air conditioner had sucked some of the smoke
> into the cabin.
>
> There's your "probable cause."

Yep. Guilt by association. The fascist's friend...

Old March 1st 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, jaybird wrote:

> How do you know that they did not smell pot? If they smoked a joint in the
> car then one would reasonably assume that the car smells like pot and there
> isn't any in the car because it was smoked. I've searched plenty of cars
> that smelled like pot and I never found anything.

And you don't see the danger in a 'because I said so' method of probable
cause. There's probable cause because the cop said so. That means no
protection against searches what so ever.

> Good job guys.

Even after I explained to you some of the workings of IL's gun laws and
priviledges for those in government.

Old March 2nd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:29:46 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>"DTJ" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On the news today was the story of the car that was clocked on I57
>> doing 101 MPH. OK, no big deal, I don't really mind if you ticket
>> them. Anything further, without probably cause, is bull****. It was
>> the middle of the night.
>>
>> So, the cops say they smell drugs. Pot. As we all know, nobody
>> smoking pot drives like that, as pot makes one paranoid.

>> So they search the car and find no drugs. No surprise there. Oh,
>> they do find a gun. So they then arrest the driver and passenger.

>Sounds reasonable.

All the posts the last few weeks could have been saved if you had just
stated at the outset that you are anti-constitution and anti-gun.

*************************
Dave
Old March 2nd 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:29:46 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>

>>"DTJ" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On the news today was the story of the car that was clocked on I57
>>> doing 101 MPH. OK, no big deal, I don't really mind if you ticket
>>> them. Anything further, without probably cause, is bull****. It was
>>> the middle of the night.
>>>
>>> So, the cops say they smell drugs. Pot. As we all know, nobody
>>> smoking pot drives like that, as pot makes one paranoid.

>>> So they search the car and find no drugs. No surprise there. Oh,
>>> they do find a gun. So they then arrest the driver and passenger.

>>Sounds reasonable.

> All the posts the last few weeks could have been saved if you had just
> stated at the outset that you are anti-constitution and anti-gun.

But then I'd by lying.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 2nd 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:47:00 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>
>>> All the posts the last few weeks could have been saved if you had just
>>> stated at the outset that you are anti-constitution and anti-gun.

>>But then I'd by lying.

> That's right - you're not anti-gun; you want cops to be able to carry
> them.

And all law abiding citizens. My wife carries one, as do many other members
of my family.

--
---
jaybird