Stumble/Chug driving off after cold start

Old April 23rd 15, 07:01 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
H.L. Hunley

Default Stumble/Chug driving off after cold start

2007 6 cyl Accord EX-L sedan, 56,000 properly maintained miles. No check
engine light, no obvious loose/damaged wires or hoses.

On morning cold start in Park-- catches immediately with RPM about
1100-1200. Idle is a bit rough-- though accelerates smoothly up to
3000-4000 in Park. After a few minutes, RPM drops to around 800 or so,
idle still a bit rough.

The problem though is driving off at any point in these first few
minutes, car chugs/stumbles right before up-shift point. The colder the
outside temperature, the worse it is. After driving for several more
minutes though, car then operates normally until restating the next
morning.

Also, after a cold start, if I let it idle until the thermostat opens
and the fan cycles on, it drives off normally.

Any idea what the problem is?

Old April 23rd 15, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
News

On 4/23/2015 2:01 PM, H.L. Hunley wrote:
> 2007 6 cyl Accord EX-L sedan, 56,000 properly maintained miles. No check
> engine light, no obvious loose/damaged wires or hoses.
>
> On morning cold start in Park-- catches immediately with RPM about
> 1100-1200. Idle is a bit rough-- though accelerates smoothly up to
> 3000-4000 in Park. After a few minutes, RPM drops to around 800 or so,
> idle still a bit rough.
>
> The problem though is driving off at any point in these first few
> minutes, car chugs/stumbles right before up-shift point. The colder the
> outside temperature, the worse it is. After driving for several more
> minutes though, car then operates normally until restating the next
> morning.
>
> Also, after a cold start, if I let it idle until the thermostat opens
> and the fan cycles on, it drives off normally.
>
> Any idea what the problem is?

Air in the cooling system.

Bleed it.
Old May 4th 15, 11:29 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Aldo Raine

On 4/23/15 2:07 PM, News wrote:
> On 4/23/2015 2:01 PM, H.L. Hunley wrote:
>> 2007 6 cyl Accord EX-L sedan, 56,000 properly maintained miles. No check
>> engine light, no obvious loose/damaged wires or hoses.
>>
>> On morning cold start in Park-- catches immediately with RPM about
>> 1100-1200. Idle is a bit rough-- though accelerates smoothly up to
>> 3000-4000 in Park. After a few minutes, RPM drops to around 800 or so,
>> idle still a bit rough.
>>
>> The problem though is driving off at any point in these first few
>> minutes, car chugs/stumbles right before up-shift point. The colder the
>> outside temperature, the worse it is. After driving for several more
>> minutes though, car then operates normally until restating the next
>> morning.
>>
>> Also, after a cold start, if I let it idle until the thermostat opens
>> and the fan cycles on, it drives off normally.
>>
>> Any idea what the problem is?
>>

> Air in the cooling system.
>
> Bleed it.

Well, did that. There wasn't really any air in there. Still doing it :-(

--
If your wife catches you looking at another woman, turn to her and say
“I’m sure glad you don’t dress like that.”