Red stripe sidewall tires

Old May 5th 07, 05:36 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Dale R

Default Red stripe sidewall tires

I just watched part of a show yesterday in which they featured Jay
Leno's Olds Toronado, looked to be circa 1966 (it was a tan / light
brown colour if that's any clue).
****Anyway, the tires were red stripe tires although they
appearered to be the original size for that car, which IIRC would be the
equivelant to 235-75-15's.
****I would like to find some red stripe tires that size for my
truck but not having much luck finding anything as such.
****Anyone know of a company, link, etc?
****I would think this style of tire would still have sufficient
demand for them to be more available -- and in more sizes.
****Thanks in advance.

(Also posted in alt.autos.gm as I visit both groups regularly)

Old May 8th 07, 01:22 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
ks

Better read up more on that car. Most every thing is one off for it. One of
the show's it was on Leno said the wheels where custom 16" to look like the
originals. Also the car is now rear wheel drive with some 1000+ hp dual
turbo set up.

KS

Red sidewall tires James Goforth Dodge 1 September 5th 06 05:55 PM
sidewall tire cut CanadianCowboy© Technology 1 March 26th 06 06:19 PM
To stripe or not to stripe Dee Honda 15 May 1st 05 12:59 AM
Follow Up on Stripe Adrian Gruber Ford Mustang 15 March 11th 05 03:03 PM
Go faster stripe Dave Hall General 0 August 18th 04 01:32 PM