gm employee pricing

Old August 30th 08, 12:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
John Moore

Default gm employee pricing

is it on corvettes.

Old August 30th 08, 02:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
darden25

I doubt it, but I did receive a Customer Loyalty "special invitation" in the
mail from a local dealer to buy a 2008 at 0% for 60. The catch was you had
to take delivery within 30 days, and the certificate was not transferable.

Old August 30th 08, 05:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

0% for 60? I use my house line of credit for car buying which is cash to
the dealer. Screw all the borrowing schemes. Get the out the door cost of
the car down to $300 over invoice (if you can ever find a true invoice
number).

"Employee Pricing' is a rip on the assumption that all GM employees get a
'deal' on their GM cars. Why should employees get a deal, especially when
there are so dang many of them. Many of them are Union. Is this 'deal' in
the union contract. AFAIAK, Employee pricing is just that the dealer will
give you a kiss after he screws you.

Also a 5 year loan on a car? Talk about being upside down on a house,
guaranteed upside down on a car.

When will folks realize, just like a house, only buy a car that you can
afford. If you cannot afford to put 20 percent down and finance it over 3
years (4 at most) , you cannot afford the car.

Sorry for the rant.

Vito

Old August 30th 08, 06:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
klutz

John Moore wrote:
> is it on corvettes?

If you believe Chevy's website, yes, it does apply to Corvettes, at least in
CA anyway.
Approximately 10,000 off sticker for a Z06, and 7,000 to 8,000 off sticker
for regular coupes and convertibles.

Old August 30th 08, 08:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Mark Jones

Uncle_vito wrote:
> When will folks realize, just like a house, only buy a car that you
> can afford. If you cannot afford to put 20 percent down and finance
> it over 3 years (4 at most) , you cannot afford the car.
>
> Sorry for the rant.

It would help if you were correct. You can afford whatever you can
pay for. If I listened to someone like you, I wouldn't have purchased
my new Corvette in 1994 that I still own.

Old August 30th 08, 10:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

Default gm employee pricing / attn: vito

> Uncle_vito wrote:
>> When will folks realize, just like a house, only buy a
>> car that you
>> can afford. If you cannot afford to put 20 percent down
>> and finance
>> it over 3 years (4 at most) , you cannot afford the car.
>>
>> Sorry for the rant.

you seem to be living in the past vito...
some of the incentives add up to more then 20%
also, at 0% financing, which is common these days,
it doesn't matter how many years ya go..

my˘
--
'Key
=====

Old August 30th 08, 10:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"klutz" > wrote in message
> John Moore wrote:
>> is it on corvettes?

> If you believe Chevy's website, yes, it does apply to
> Corvettes, at least in CA anyway.
> Approximately 10,000 off sticker for a Z06, and 7,000 to
> 8,000 off sticker for regular coupes and convertibles.

they might as well include the Vette.
Vette sales wouldn't bail them out of the mess they are in
anyway..

my2˘
--
'Key
=====

Old August 31st 08, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"'Key" > wrote in message
news
>> Uncle_vito wrote:
>>> When will folks realize, just like a house, only buy a car that
>>> you
>>> can afford. If you cannot afford to put 20 percent down and
>>> finance
>>> it over 3 years (4 at most) , you cannot afford the car.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the rant.

> you seem to be living in the past vito...
> some of the incentives add up to more then 20%
> also, at 0% financing, which is common these days,
> it doesn't matter how many years ya go..
>
> my˘
> --
> 'Key
> =====

I had an Uncle that believed that if you couldn't pay cash for it you
shouldn't buy it. He was a bit on the stingy side. Sold his 1939
Harley 3 years ago for 200 times what he paid for it in 1941, I think
he was right in his beliefs. Rode it to work year round because he
couldn't afford, or wouldn't buy, a car. Took the used oil from the
crane he run at work home to keep it running because it leaked so
much, and it was free. Of course he had people he bummed rides off of
when the weather was bad and when ever it was free. Built on to his 3
room house with the old lumber he could scrounge from odd jobs he did
on weekends.

No his name is not Vito and yes he's still alive, won't die because he
won't pay for a funeral.

Actually he was a good an honest man but he/they really screwed up two
of their 3 kids.

On topic I've tried to talk to my dealer on an '09 and they can't hear
me. They are at a point they have to make money, they have been
squeezed that hard by the mother ship.

Old August 31st 08, 02:06 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Grinch

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:44:45 -0700, "Uncle_vito"
> wrote:

>0% for 60? I use my house line of credit for car buying which is cash to
>the dealer. Screw all the borrowing schemes. Get the out the door cost of
>the car down to $300 over invoice (if you can ever find a true invoice
>number).
>
>"Employee Pricing' is a rip on the assumption that all GM employees get a
>'deal' on their GM cars. Why should employees get a deal, especially when
>there are so dang many of them. Many of them are Union. Is this 'deal' in
>the union contract. AFAIAK, Employee pricing is just that the dealer will
>give you a kiss after he screws you.
>
>Also a 5 year loan on a car? Talk about being upside down on a house,
>guaranteed upside down on a car.
>
>When will folks realize, just like a house, only buy a car that you can
>afford. If you cannot afford to put 20 percent down and finance it over 3
>years (4 at most) , you cannot afford the car.
>
>Sorry for the rant.
>
>Vito

No you're wrong. I don't feel I can afford the car unless I can pay
cash for the car. I realize my standards are much higher than most
finance companies but I've always held myself to higher standards for
most things. When I can't achieve my standards I've learned to live
without (disciplined).
Old August 31st 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Lee C. Carpenter

"klutz" > wrote in message
> John Moore wrote:
>> is it on corvettes?

> If you believe Chevy's website, yes, it does apply to Corvettes, at least
> in CA anyway.
> Approximately 10,000 off sticker for a Z06, and 7,000 to 8,000 off sticker
> for regular coupes and convertibles.

It's on Vettes. I just got a Z06 with a sticker of $77,790 for 67 and
change. My 1000 GM Card dollars made it 66k.

Employee Pricing JEEP Special! mj.bernard Chrysler 3 June 1st 06 09:16 AM
Employee Pricing JEEP Special! mj.bernard 4x4 0 May 29th 06 09:29 PM
employee pricing JohnV@nn Ford Mustang 4 November 29th 05 02:11 AM
Employee pricing for BMW? [email protected] BMW 2 September 5th 05 08:01 PM
mazda employee pricing Scott Hughes Mazda 7 August 25th 05 12:40 AM