Difference in model numbers

Old July 9th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mike Stafford

Default Difference in model numbers

Okay so I know that a Jetta III is the 3rd version of the car. But I
have a question I have been looking for tuning and upgrade parts
online and a lot of the time it will ask which model they will have a
Jetta MK III is that the same as Jetta III or is the European model
totally different can I buy those parts and will they fit my car??
Sorry for all the newb questions I am still new to watercooled for the
longest time I used to have aircooled Vdubs

Old July 10th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Some European models will have different parts, headlights, exterior mirror
glass and other items different for a right hand drive vehicle than left
hand drive. I will assume the steering rack might be different too!

What were you planning on purchasing?
Ask here before you buy! ;-)
--
later,
dave

oups.com...

Old July 10th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Matt B.

"Mike Stafford" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Okay so I know that a Jetta III is the 3rd version of the car. But I have
> a question I have been looking for tuning and upgrade parts online and a
> lot of the time it will ask which model they will have a Jetta MK III is
> that the same as Jetta III or is the European model totally different can
> I buy those parts and will they fit my car??

Yep the Jetta III, Jetta Mk3, Jetta A3, A3 Jetta, and Vento
(non-north-american version) are all the same car.

And FWIW, the "Jetta III" badge was used on the 3rd gen Jetta only in the US
through 1995 and the III was dropped afterwards even though the 1996-early
1999s were the same car.

BMW E numbers. Mike G BMW 9 September 14th 06 11:28 PM
Does anyone know the difference between these two part numbers? Goff Deegle Audi 3 September 3rd 06 04:26 AM
What are the E numbers? Mike Mayer BMW 4 July 2nd 06 11:28 AM
Model A Ford Serial numbers Chris Antique cars 2 June 5th 06 02:39 AM
Why Z51? really big difference? M Corvette 10 January 5th 05 06:02 AM