new deal

Old August 7th 08, 04:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

Default new deal

Now I made a promise to buy an 01 vert 6 spd mint same owner garaged
last 6 years,

25K miles all records. Top is excellent tires good and seats very very
nice. $23500 and I think that is ok.

I just hope it is for real.

Thanks
Ralph
Old August 7th 08, 04:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
aRKay[_2_]

In article
rebco10 > wrote:

> Now I made a promise to buy an 01 vert 6 spd mint same owner garaged
> last 6 years,
>
> 25K miles all records. Top is excellent tires good and seats very very
> nice. $23500 and I think that is ok.
>
> I just hope it is for real.
>
> Thanks
> Ralph

Ask about oil consumption. Some of the 01's had bad rings. Many had to
be fixed by GM. That would be my only concern with an 01. Look at the
exhaust tips and note if you smell oil after the engine is warm.

I have a Black/black 01 Coupe with 47K miles 37K on the engine. I
had the engine replaced at about 10K miles with factory full block 02
replacement with the good rings. The replacement was not due to bad
rings or oil consumption. Mine overdosed on H2O via the air intake.
Old August 7th 08, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"aRKay" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article
> >,
> rebco10 > wrote:
>
>> Now I made a promise to buy an 01 vert 6 spd mint same owner
>> garaged
>> last 6 years,
>>
>> 25K miles all records. Top is excellent tires good and seats very
>> very
>> nice. $23500 and I think that is ok.
>>
>> I just hope it is for real.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ralph

> Ask about oil consumption. Some of the 01's had bad rings. Many had
> be fixed by GM. That would be my only concern with an 01. Look at
> the
> exhaust tips and note if you smell oil after the engine is warm.

Be aware that this engine can digest a large amout of oil and not show
it on the exhaust tips. In addition I can smell oil when I push the
LSx engine but have never used as much as a quart in 5,000 and now
10,000 mile oil change intervals. Further the oil usage was not
confined to just the '01.

Old August 7th 08, 06:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"rebco10" > wrote in message
> Now I made a promise to buy an 01 vert 6 spd mint same
> owner garaged
> last 6 years,
>
> 25K miles all records. Top is excellent tires good and
> seats very very
> nice. $23500 and I think that is ok.
>
> I just hope it is for real.
>
> Thanks
> Ralph

Sounds like a good deal...
NADA / http://tinyurl.com/677g3v
2001 Chevrolet Corvette-V8-6 Spd./AT Convertible 2D
Clean Trade-In $24,450
Clean Retail Value $27,725

g'day
--
'Key
=====

Old August 8th 08, 12:57 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rebco10

On Aug 7, 1:47*pm, "'Key" > wrote:
> "rebco10" > wrote in message

> > Now I made a promise to buy an 01 vert 6 spd mint same
> > owner garaged
> > last 6 years,

> > 25K miles all records. Top is excellent tires good and
> > seats very very
> > nice. *$23500 and I think that is ok.

> > I just hope it is for real.

> > Thanks
> > Ralph

> Sounds like a good deal...
> NADA / *http://tinyurl.com/677g3v
> 2001 Chevrolet Corvette-V8-6 Spd./AT Convertible 2D
> Clean Trade-In * $24,450
> Clean Retail Value * $27,725
>
> g'day
> --
> 'Key
> =====

I made a mistake it is a 2000 corvette. Thank you for the advice.
This group is really very useful. Using it since my first car 10
years ago.

Ralph