Looking at a '08 Z06

Old August 4th 08, 11:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

Default Looking at a '08 Z06

I watched the show Ultimate Factories, The Corvette Z06 on one of the HD
channels yesterday - twice. Today found me over at the Chevy dealer.

They have a used '08 with 2477 miles. Lady ordered a '09 and took a 27k
hit. Too bad.
Has the flip screen stereo with GPS. Not sure what else is optional trim
on a Z.

My trade is an '04 Z06 with 27k miles. Perfect condition. All stock.
$2500 custom Pioneer sound system. Bose system in a box.

Here's what they want:

'08 64,999

Taxes and Calif BS 5,303

Total 70,302

Trade: 25,000

Bal owed 17,174

Net 62476

Propose 72 months @6.5% = $1050 per month.

Ok, I haven't done any research yet. What's the skinny on this deal?

TIA, Ed

Old August 5th 08, 06:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Spud" > wrote in message
>I watched the show Ultimate Factories, The Corvette Z06 on
>one of the HD channels yesterday - twice. Today found me
>over at the Chevy dealer.
>
> They have a used '08 with 2477 miles. Lady ordered a '09
> and took a 27k hit. Too bad.
> Has the flip screen stereo with GPS. Not sure what else
> is optional trim on a Z.
>
> My trade is an '04 Z06 with 27k miles. Perfect
> condition. All stock. $2500 custom Pioneer sound system.
> Bose system in a box.
>
> Here's what they want:
>
> '08 64,999
>
> Taxes and Calif BS 5,303
>
> Total 70,302
>
> Trade: 25,000
>
> Bal owed 17,174
>
> Net 62476
>
> Propose 72 months @6.5% = $1050 per month.
> Ok, I haven't done any research yet. What's the skinny
> on this deal?
>
> TIA, Ed

seems your NOT getting enough for your car.
NADA BOOK
http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...&z=71106&da=-1
or
http://tinyurl.com/5ozq6b

hmm?
wonder if they are asking too much for theirs ?
take a closer look at the numbers.

my2¢
--
'Key
=====

Old August 5th 08, 12:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

> seems your NOT getting enough for your car.
> NADA BOOK
> http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...&z=71106&da=-1
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/5ozq6b
>
> hmm?
> wonder if they are asking too much for theirs ?
> take a closer look at the numbers.
>
> my2¢
> --
> 'Key
> =====

Thanks Key, that's kinda what I thought. Kelly Blue Book said 28 on the
trade in. I think the price on the new car is good. It's on special.
They just want to make up for it on the trade.

Ed

Old August 5th 08, 01:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 5, 6:58*am, "Spud" > wrote:
> > seems your NOT getting enough for your car.
> > NADA BOOK
> >http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...0-0-0&l=1&w=21...
> > or
> >http://tinyurl.com/5ozq6b

> > hmm?
> > wonder if they are asking too much for theirs ?
> > take a closer look at the numbers.

> > my2¢
> > --
> > 'Key
> > =====

> Thanks Key, *that's kinda what I thought. *Kelly Blue Book said 28 on the
> trade in. * I think the price on the new car is good. * It's on special.
> They just want to make up for it on the trade.
>
> Ed- Hide quoted text -

REPLY: I think you nailed it here. However, based on the current
economy and soft market conditions...one cant always expect to get the
NADA value on a car.
Old August 5th 08, 07:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Spud" > wrote in message

>> seems your NOT getting enough for your car.
>> NADA BOOK
>> http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...&z=71106&da=-1
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/5ozq6b
>>
>> hmm?
>> wonder if they are asking too much for theirs ?
>> take a closer look at the numbers.
>>
>> my2¢
>> --
>> 'Key
>> =====
>>

> Thanks Key, that's kinda what I thought. Kelly Blue Book
> said 28 on the trade in. I think the price on the new
> car is good. It's on special. They just want to make up
> for it on the trade.
>
> Ed

==========
Reply:
Kelly Blue Book always shows a lower book then NADA.
most dealers prefer Kelly Blue Book over NADA...
wonder why ?? :-)

--
'Key

Old August 9th 08, 05:48 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

> The skinny is there is a lot of fat to be trimmed. Were there any
> grease stains on the proposal -- Vaseline perhaps?

So where are you coming from?

Old August 11th 08, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

You are a victim of the dealer as long as you trade in the old car. Sell it
outright on the open market. I will bet there are many folks that want a
good condition Z06 for less than they could get it at the dealer. Also you
will get more than the dealer will give you.

Too bad you still have a loan. On the sale of the old car pay off the loan,
then take the cash for the down payment on your new Z06. Can you get your
own financing, like from a home equity line of credit? or your bank account
or credit union. Then you can go at the dealer with a cash deal. No funny
business with cash.

I always thought a Z06 was a little pricey to finance into monthly payments.
I always figured that those cars where cash purchases when someone did well
at work and got a bonus, inheritance, or other lump of money close to
$100,000 large.

Anyway, good luck.

Vito

Old August 13th 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

> Too bad you still have a loan. On the sale of the old car pay off the
> loan, then take the cash for the down payment on your new Z06. Can you
> get your own financing, like from a home equity line of credit? or your
> bank account or credit union. Then you can go at the dealer with a cash
> deal. No funny business with cash.
>
> I always thought a Z06 was a little pricey to finance into monthly
> payments. I always figured that those cars where cash purchases when
> someone did well at work and got a bonus, inheritance, or other lump of
> money close to $100,000 large.
>
> Anyway, good luck.
>
> Vito

Well I could pay cash for the car or I could finance it for 5.75%. Seeing
how I typically make close to 20% annually on my real estate investments, I
don't need a cpa to make the decision.

Yes, I could do better if I sold the old car myself private party. I don't
have the time or desire to do it. I'm friends with the salesman and I'm
happy he made a buck on me.

Thanks, Ed