It's spring and I just went on a little joyride ...

Old May 6th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

Default It's spring and I just went on a little joyride ...

My 1984 Capri RS 5.0 has been gathering dust in the
garage since last September and it was time to take it
for a ride. Damn, that "underpowered" buggy is still
fun to drive!

Dick in MN
Old May 7th 11, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"Dickr" > wrote in message
> My 1984 Capri RS 5.0 has been gathering dust in the
> garage since last September and it was time to take it
> for a ride. Damn, that "underpowered" buggy is still
> fun to drive!
>
> Dick in MN

Hah! The twins are still daily drivers. The exception this year is that the
convertible lost overdrive, and I put off having the trans rebuilt over the
winter, since I prefer a stick over automatic in snow. It sat in the garage
for almost three months, and only recently went into the shop for surgery.

While they're both 1993 5.0's, they are entirely different cars. TFrog is
quick and nimble, CFrog is a heavy pig. But that occasional 80-degree day in
April just cries out for topless, and I have to get moving on my farmer's
tan.

Also, since the day I bought it in late 2003, CFrog has always had a badly
pitted windshield (as if the previous owner liked to tailgate dumptrucks
filled with sand). Not a problem, unless I'm driving into direct sunlight
(as, say, my morning or evening commute). I just had that replaced with new
glass, and wonder why I waited so long. Sure, it wasn't high on my list of
to-do, but it makes a big difference.

Of course, daily driver means daily deterioration. I'm noticing now that
TFrog has reached the end of "polish and wax" in spots - there's signs that
I'm running out of paint to polish! Time to get serious about a new black
paint job, probably just in time for its 20th birthday. These guys aren't
NEARLY as old as your car, but they're getting up there.

dwight
TFrog - 1993 LX 5.0 http://www.tfrog.com/tfrog
CFrog - 1993 GT 5.0 convertible http://www.tfrog.com/cfrog

Old May 7th 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dickr

On 5/7/2011 8:23 AM, dwight wrote:
Hi Dwight,
Good to hear that your "frogs" are doing well! I'm retired
and no longer need to make that dreaded drive to work.
The Capri only has 67K miles on it, and I only take it out
of the garage on nice summer days. I will probably drive it
more often after I get those Michelin TRX wheels and tires
replaced. In the mean time, there's enough rubber left on
the tires to take some quick trips to Kwik Trip.
:-)
Dick in MN
Old May 12th 11, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jimbo ...

my '92 4cyl auto here in Scotland is well........a convertible ....so who
wants to go fast anyway with petrol at £1.39 a L ...... tee hee ......

Old May 13th 11, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Thu, 12 May 2011 18:23:05 +0100, "Jimbo ..." >
wrote:

>my '92 4cyl auto here in Scotland is well........a convertible ....so who
>wants to go fast anyway with petrol at £1.39 a L ...... tee hee ......

Me!

Where in Scotland? I spent a couple of fantastic years (1959-60) in
Prestwick, Ayr, and Troon when my dad was stationed there with the
USAF Air Sea Rescue Squadron.
Old May 17th 11, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On May 6, 1:00*pm, Dickr > wrote:

> My 1984 Capri RS 5.0 has been gathering dust in the
> garage since last September and it was time to take it
> for a ride. Damn, that "underpowered" buggy is still
> fun to drive!

> Dick in MN

Spring in May? Hell, it's been Spring since January here in
Florida. :-)

Patrick
Old May 17th 11, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

On 05/16/2011 05:37 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On May 6, 1:00 pm, > wrote:
>
>> My 1984 Capri RS 5.0 has been gathering dust in the
>> garage since last September and it was time to take it
>> for a ride. Damn, that "underpowered" buggy is still
>> fun to drive!

>> Dick in MN

> Spring in May? Hell, it's been Spring since January here in
> Florida. :-)
>
> Patrick

We're now setting into spring-time in Oregon. Rain, sun, rain, sun,
rain, sun, but it's no longer in the 30's. LOL

Might take my "outdated" "underpowered" blown 4.6 for a spin, in honor
of Dick's Capri.
Old May 17th 11, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 5/16/2011 19:37, NoOp wrote:
> On May 6, 1:00 pm, > wrote:
>
>> My 1984 Capri RS 5.0 has been gathering dust in the
>> garage since last September and it was time to take it
>> for a ride. Damn, that "underpowered" buggy is still
>> fun to drive!

>> Dick in MN

> Spring in May? Hell, it's been Spring since January here in
> Florida. :-)
>
> Patrick

Don't know aboutyou but it's been autumn here all weekend and it's
59 right now according to WU local. Of course Thur and Fri were weird
days even with out all the loose barges reeking havoc...
Old May 17th 11, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jimbo ...

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> On 5/16/2011 19:37, NoOp wrote:
>> On May 6, 1:00 pm, > wrote:
>>
>>> My 1984 Capri RS 5.0 has been gathering dust in the
>>> garage since last September and it was time to take it
>>> for a ride. Damn, that "underpowered" buggy is still
>>> fun to drive!

>>> Dick in MN

>> Spring in May? Hell, it's been Spring since January here in
>> Florida. :-)
>>
>> Patrick

> Don't know aboutyou but it's been autumn here all weekend and it's 59
> right now according to WU local. Of course Thur and Fri were weird days
> even with out all the loose barges reeking havoc...

It's still winter here in Scotland...so the convertible is still garaged...
:~(

7 Yr Old Takes Grandma's SUV for a joyride Bo Raxo[_2_] Driving 0 June 26th 08 02:21 AM
Ah, Spring dwight[_3_] Ford Mustang 2 April 19th 08 02:53 PM
Spring Joey Tribiani VW air cooled 11 March 29th 06 08:30 AM
Ah, spring jjs VW air cooled 6 March 23rd 05 06:23 PM