Do You Support Automotive Black Boxes?

Old March 28th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

Default What are they going to do with my money? [Was: Do You Support Automotive Black Boxes?}

"ah" <ahatnsdapdotcom> wrote in message

> "dwight" > wrote in message
>>> IF YOU LIKE THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN OUR COUNTRY, THEN DO NOTHING...

>> Waaaaaaaah!!!
>> Bunch of stinkin' cry-babies.
>> dwight

> Did you say this during the Bush years?

No, because people were actually dying. Still are.

Money is just money. Lives are real. As we sit and cry over spilt taxes and
attempts to reel in runaway corporations, let's remember that people are
still dying.

dwight

Old March 28th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"D E Willson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:22:50 -0400, "dwight" >
> wrote:
>
>>> IF YOU LIKE THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN OUR
>>> COUNTRY, THEN DO NOTHING...

>>Waaaaaaaah!!!
>>
>>Bunch of stinkin' cry-babies.
>>
>>dwight
>>

> When you are ordered to help subsidize the right of the poor and lazy
> to drive a nice vehicle, I hope you will be as willing to support
> their right to have what you have. If so, I do believe I will get in
> line with them. Why should I work for what you have? I should be given
> equality whether I earn it or not.

Who is giving the poor nice vehicles?

> Those who work for what they have generally believe that they have
> earned their rewards, and that those who do nothing but hold out their
> hands do not deserve anything. Conversely, those who do nothing (and
> that is a growing number) believe that they are owed what others must
> work for. Meanwhile, government plays one against the other in order
> to distract them both from the theft of power from all the people.

Theft of power? What? I've been voting since 1972. No one has even suggested
taking that right away from me.

> During the Obamacare wheeling and dealing, anyone who disagreed with
> the administration's agenda were demonized. I served my country and
> it's people for over 21 years, risking my life, for low pay and bad
> living conditions. I sought no reward. Yet the supporters of
> Obamacare, from the president on down, labeled me as a likely
> candidate to become a homegrown terrorist, labeled me as
> "anti-American", a racist, and more. And who are these people? Many
> are the same ones who spit on us when we returned from Vietnam. The
> ones who called us war criminals and baby killers. The same ones who
> wanted to overthrow the government.

You have got to be kidding. Do you think this whole thing is one-sided, that
it's actually the Liberals who are doing all the nasty stuff? Come on.

> Those who know their history will recall how Adolf Hitler demonized
> all who disagreed with his agenda. How he blamed everything negatiive
> in Germany on his opposition. How he demonized Jews, gypsies,
> communists, and, in the end, even Christians in order to distract the
> people from his theft of power. Examine how the communists took over
> Russia in the same manner. Look at the actions of Chairman Mao and Pol
> Pot, and North Korea's Great Leader.
>
> Each individual must ask himself if they are willing to surrender
> their rights in order to have the government take care of evertyhing
> from cradle to grave? Europe has seen it evolve. More and more are
> willing to kick back and let others earn the benefits they use.
>
> I fear that we either correct the course this nation is on, or we will
> see a second Civil War pitting brother against brother, and spilling
> their blood into the soil.

Okay. You're definitely over the top. Adolph Hitler, communism, Civil War...
Turn off Glenn Beck and go take a walk. Look around you and try to realize
that you ARE the most privileged species on the planet, living in the most
privileged nation on the planet.

Folks just love to try to convince me that the U.S. is a "Christian nation,"
that 95% of the population is "Christian," but I don't see it. Didn't Jesus
say something about "how we care for the least among us"?

Aside from that, no one is taking my rights away. You're seeing boogie men
where there are none. With all of the crying and moaning over what's going
on in Washington, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Nothing changed during the Bush
years, nothings has changed under Obama. You're all riled up over NOTHING.

There's someone out there who is playing you. Someone is tugging at your
innate desire to see conspiracy and threat. Someone is trying to scare you.
Someone is trying to convince you that your way of life is in jeopardy.

Go outside. Take a walk. Notice the green shoots poking up out of the soil.
See the buds on the trees as they struggle back to another cycle of life.
Dig in the dirt and plant something.

Then sit back, open a beer, and consider just how special and ... nice it is
to be you.

And another thing. I HATE opening up ramfm and reading all of this unrelated
CRAP. That new Mustang V6 is damned impressive. Have you seen Motor Trend's
dyno tests on the new Mustangs?

http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/au...v-6/index.html

dwight

Old March 28th 10, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Mar 28, 8:48*am, "dwight" > wrote:

> >>Waaaaaaaah!!!

> >>Bunch of stinkin' cry-babies.

> > When you are ordered to help subsidize the right of the poor and lazy
> > to drive a nice vehicle, I hope you will be as willing to support
> > their right to have what you have. If so, I do believe I will get in
> > line with them. Why should I work for what you have? I should be given
> > equality whether I earn it or not.

> Who is giving the poor nice vehicles?

Oprah.

> > Those who work for what they have generally believe that they have
> > earned their rewards, and that those who do nothing but hold out their
> > hands do not deserve anything. Conversely, those who do nothing (and
> > that is a growing number) believe that they are owed what others must
> > work for. Meanwhile, government plays one against the other in order
> > to distract them both from the theft of power from all the people.

> Theft of power? What? I've been voting since 1972. No one has even suggested
> taking that right away from me.

He must be talking about the Supreme Court's recent decision that now
allows corporations to contribute to political campaigns. Yep, now
corporations have the same "freedom of speech" as you and I. Yeehah,
right? Yeah, until you realize this means corporations' "voices" will
likely be backed up with millions of corporate dollars and ours by the
pennies in our pockets. Does this sound like level playing field --
one voter = one vote -- to anyone? Where are all the tea baggers on
this issue?!

> > During the Obamacare wheeling and dealing, anyone who disagreed with
> > the administration's agenda were demonized. I served my country and
> > it's people for over 21 years, risking my life, for low pay and bad
> > living conditions. I sought no reward. Yet the supporters of
> > Obamacare, from the president on down, labeled me as a likely
> > candidate to become a homegrown terrorist, labeled me as
> > "anti-American", a racist, and more. And who are these people? Many
> > are the same ones who spit on us when we returned from Vietnam. The
> > ones who called us war criminals and baby killers. The same ones who
> > wanted to overthrow the government.

Isn't funny how things have changed? "Demonized, homegrown terrorist
and anti-American" were the same terms used against those who opposed
the Iraq war.

> You have got to be kidding. Do you think this whole thing is one-sided, that
> it's actually the Liberals who are doing all the nasty stuff? Come on.

You do if you watch Fox (Faux) News exclusively.

> > Those who know their history will recall how Adolf Hitler demonized
> > all who disagreed with his agenda. How he blamed everything negatiive
> > in Germany on his opposition. How he demonized Jews, gypsies,
> > communists, and, in the end, even Christians in order to distract the
> > people from his theft of power. Examine how the communists took over
> > Russia in the same manner. Look at the actions of Chairman Mao and Pol
> > Pot, and North Korea's Great Leader.

Got to love the Fox News talking points!

But get it right. Republicans are the Nazis. Democrats = the
Communists.

> > Each individual must ask himself if they are willing to surrender
> > their rights in order to have the government take care of everything
> > from cradle to grave? Europe has seen it evolve. More and more are
> > willing to kick back and let others earn the benefits they use.

No one has issue with earning what you get. But things like companies/
corporations dictating who will be insured was wrong. 'Sorry, you
have a preexisting condition. Too bad, we won't insure you.'

> > I fear that we either correct the course this nation is on, or we will
> > see a second Civil War pitting brother against brother, and spilling
> > their blood into the soil.

And the previous course was a good one? Near financial collapse, two
wars, record deficits (something that "didn't matter" while the
Republicans ruled).

> Okay. You're definitely over the top. Adolph Hitler, communism, Civil War....
> Turn off Glenn Beck and go take a walk. Look around you and try to realize
> that you ARE the most privileged species on the planet, living in the most
> privileged nation on the planet.

> Folks just love to try to convince me that the U.S. is a "Christian nation,"
> that 95% of the population is "Christian," but I don't see it. Didn't Jesus
> say something about "how we care for the least among us"?

Apparently, you only recite that in church on Sunday. Then come
Monday it's back to only about me and mine.

> Aside from that, no one is taking my rights away. You're seeing boogie men
> where there are none. With all of the crying and moaning over what's going
> on in Washington, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Nothing changed during the Bush
> years, nothings has changed under Obama. You're all riled up over NOTHING..

Dwight, what changed is the Dems are in charge so now the government =
bad. Put a Republican back in the oval office (and majority
Republican congressional rule) and suddenly everything will be right
in his world again. And THEN anyone opposes anything the government
is doing they'll be "anti-American".

> And another thing. I HATE opening up ramfm and reading all of this unrelated
> CRAP. That new Mustang V6 is damned impressive. Have you seen Motor Trend's
> dyno tests on the new Mustangs?

> http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/au...er-we-dyno-the...

All I can say is it's a very good time to be a Mustang lover!

Patrick
Old March 28th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

NoOp wrote:
> On Mar 28, 8:48 am, "dwight" >

[...]

>> And another thing. I HATE opening up ramfm and reading all of this
>> unrelated
>> CRAP. That new Mustang V6 is damned impressive. Have you seen
>> Motor Trend's
>> dyno tests on the new Mustangs?

>> http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/au...er-we-dyno-the...

> All I can say is it's a very good time to be a Mustang lover!
>
> Patrick

But not so good to be a recent Mustang buyer.

I was that way with scanners, too: I'd no sooner invest in a "new"
model with newest technology than - oops! Here came something newer
yet, and cheaper, too.

Comes with the techno-territory, eh?

--
Frank ess

Still not getting the "Want more ox? Go for it!" concept.

Old March 28th 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

NoOp wrote:

>> And another thing. I HATE opening up ramfm and reading all of this unrelated
>> CRAP. That new Mustang V6 is damned impressive. Have you seen Motor Trend's
>> dyno tests on the new Mustangs?

>> http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/au...er-we-dyno-the...

> All I can say is it's a very good time to be a Mustang lover!
>
> Patrick

Yep, if we are still here in 2013 I may have to sell off what I have
for a 2 yr old 2011 5.0

--
..

"Uhoh, well that shouldn't have happened..." - Mike Holmes
Old March 29th 10, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Mar 28, 2:00*pm, "Frank ess" > wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
> > On Mar 28, 8:48 am, "dwight" >

> [...]
>
> >> And another thing. I HATE opening up ramfm and reading all of this
> >> unrelated
> >> CRAP. That new Mustang V6 is damned impressive. Have you seen
> >> Motor Trend's
> >> dyno tests on the new Mustangs?

> >>http://wot.motortrend.com/6659607/au...er-we-dyno-the....

> > All I can say is it's a very good time to be a Mustang lover!

> But not so good to be a recent Mustang buyer.

I kinda feel sorry from those who bought this year's GT. (Saw a
beauty yesterday -- Grabber blue color with black trim -- and the guy
had, what sounded like, an aftermarket exhaust. Nice car!) 315 is
going to suck when the new 5.0 debuts with 412.

Patrick

Old March 29th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RM V2.0

Default Do You Support Automotive Black Boxes?

"WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message
> RM v2.0 wrote:
>>> And... to get an inspection you must connect to the OBD2. Who's to
>>> say they won't send the black box data to your insurance company and to
>>> the local police traffic division. Of course, you have *nothing* to
>>> hide. Except when you hit 71 in a 60 zone while getting past that log
>>> truck one day. No one including yourself noticed; until your rates spike
>>> by $71 and you get a speeding ticket in the mail. Is that such a far
>>> fetched idea?
>>>
>>> --
>>> .

>> If the OBD2 doesnt work they can tailpipe it. Just go up the harness
>> somewhere and cut 1 of the wires to the port.

> Not here, AFAIK you get a rejection.

Sorry, I was thinking Texas.

Old March 29th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RM V2.0

"david" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:46:16 -0500, RM v2.0 rearranged some electrons to
> say:
>

>>> And... to get an inspection you must connect to the OBD2. Who's to
>>> say
>>> they won't send the black box data to your insurance company and to the
>>> local police traffic division. Of course, you have *nothing* to hide.
>>> Except when you hit 71 in a 60 zone while getting past that log truck
>>> one day. No one including yourself noticed; until your rates spike by
>>> $71 and you get a speeding ticket in the mail. Is that such a far
>>> fetched idea?
>>>
>>> --
>>> .

>> If the OBD2 doesnt work they can tailpipe it. Just go up the harness
>> somewhere and cut 1 of the wires to the port.

> You should check the law before you follow this bad advice.
>
> Where I live. If the car is 1996 or newer, and the OBD2 read fails, it
> fails inspection. Period.

This is in Texas, my mistake not clarifying. I know this from experience
here.