Tires

Old April 7th 10, 06:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Mark[_34_]

Default Tires

Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?

I also have a small budget do to the economy.

Thanks

Old April 7th 10, 07:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Mark" > wrote in message
> Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?
> I also have a small budget do to the economy.
>
> Thanks
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:
> ---

Depends on what you want to spend that budget on. Good place to get an
idea of the going price on tires is
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=16&x=66&y=12
They are also easy to deal with and will do a proper install and
balance. If you're not close to them at least you can use their prices
for comparison. Looks like a good price on the BFGoodrich g-Force
Sport and it has been a good tire AFAIK.

Old April 7th 10, 09:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
JimH[_3_]

Dad wrote:

> "Mark" > wrote in message
>> Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?
>> I also have a small budget do to the economy.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

> Depends on what you want to spend that budget on. Good place to get an
> idea of the going price on tires is

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=16&x=66&y=12
> They are also easy to deal with and will do a proper install and
> balance. If you're not close to them at least you can use their prices
> for comparison. Looks like a good price on the BFGoodrich g-Force Sport
> and it has been a good tire AFAIK.

I'm not close to Tire Rack, but they shipped my tires directly to the
Chevy dealer here in Tucson. The Chevy dealer is not that very good for
service, but their tire center does a great job. There is (or was) a
place on the Tire Rack web page to search for installers that they work
with.
--
Jim
Old April 8th 10, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"JimH" > wrote in message
> Dad wrote:
>>
>> "Mark" > wrote in message
>>> Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?
>>> I also have a small budget do to the economy.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:
>>> ---

>> Depends on what you want to spend that budget on. Good place to get
>> an idea of the going price on tires is

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=16&x=66&y=12
>> They are also easy to deal with and will do a proper install and
>> balance. If you're not close to them at least you can use their
>> prices for comparison. Looks like a good price on the BFGoodrich
>> g-Force Sport and it has been a good tire AFAIK.

> I'm not close to Tire Rack, but they shipped my tires directly to
> the Chevy dealer here in Tucson. The Chevy dealer is not that very
> good for service, but their tire center does a great job. There is
> (or was) a place on the Tire Rack web page to search for installers
> that they work with.
> --
> Jim

Fully understand everyone is not close to Tirerack and as I said they
can be a good start to compare prices. If you take their price of $116
@ + $50 shipping + an average of $20 each to mount and tire disposal
it will come out close to $600. The shipping is more than the tax in
most places so it may be a good bargaining tool with a local tire
dealer. In this case the 16" rim limits his tire selection. Don't
forget they offer a $60 rebate on 4 of these tires as does Discount
tire.

Actually my last set of tires came from
http://www.roadwaywholesaletire.com
Not that much better price but they had near stock looking 13"
Firestone tires for my '65 Mustang. They to were easy to deal with,
again just a tad better than Tirerack.

Old April 9th 10, 02:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roy[_2_]

"Mark" > wrote in message
> Will 245/50/16's work ok on my vette.
>
> It is a weekend driver no track or racing beyond those STUPID little rice
> burners that come up next to me and gun their lawnmower engines.
>
> My enginge is not stock on the inside but it is on the outside.

Beware of those "STUPID little rice burners" You just might get your doors
dusted.

Old April 10th 10, 09:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Where is Roger Smith When you Need Him?

The Tire Rack can give you the run around real good at times.

Old April 23rd 10, 01:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Where is Roger Smith When you Need Him? wrote:
> The Tire Rack can give you the run around real good at times.
>

> "Mark" > wrote in message
>> Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?
>>
>> I also have a small budget do to the economy.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

If you're near a Costco, you might check there.

Stopped by the local store's tire shop today. Michelin's were about
$215 plus tax and state recycling fee.

--
pj
Old May 6th 10, 12:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
chaniarts

pj wrote:
> Where is Roger Smith When you Need Him? wrote:
>> The Tire Rack can give you the run around real good at times.
>>

>> "Mark" > wrote in message
>>> Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?
>>>
>>> I also have a small budget do to the economy.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:
>>> ---

> If you're near a Costco, you might check there.
>
> Stopped by the local store's tire shop today. Michelin's were about
> $215 plus tax and state recycling fee.

i've been using costco for my 94 for years. they just stopped carring bfg
for it, and the only tires they carry for in 17" for late c4s is around
$430/per wheel.

Old June 27th 10, 02:30 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tnovot

Try online Tire Rack or Discount Tire. Both have good prices and selection.
Discount might have free shipping.
Also go the WWW.corveteforum.com and join (free)the C4 section and ask tire
and other questions there .
Terry

Old June 28th 10, 11:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
chaniarts

tnovot wrote:
> Try online Tire Rack or Discount Tire. Both have good prices and
> selection. Discount might have free shipping.
> Also go the WWW.corveteforum.com and join (free)the C4 section and
> ask tire and other questions there .
> Terry
> "Mark" > wrote in message
>> Where is the best place to get STOCK size tires for a 1986 coupe?
>> I also have a small budget do to the economy.
>>
>> Thanks

discount tire will match prices with tire rack. there is a link on the
discount site to send them the page for tirerack of what you want, and if
discount is higher, then they will match it via a return email.

OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Technology 68 September 12th 07 03:08 AM
Winter drivinng: FWD and RWD with snow tires vs. AWD with all-season tires - what people who have done the tests say GRL BMW 27 February 26th 06 06:27 PM
FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires Nik BMW 5 December 16th 05 12:36 AM
Quiet tires=soft tires? Frank Honda 8 March 16th 05 07:40 PM
Winter tires vs offroad tires. Goldhawk 4x4 5 January 5th 05 09:34 PM