BMW Miata !! ??? Pretty cool.

Old August 29th 04, 08:47 PM
Chief_Wiggum

"johnny phenothiazine" > wrote in message
> jchase wrote:
> The car I was talking about is Keith Tanner's
> Miata-powered "Locost," a Lotus Seven clone kit car. Basically I think
> you really can't improve on the looks of my stock '93 Miata, but
> (provided you don't mind absolute exposure to the weather) you can
> definitely improve on the weight:
>
> http://keith.miata.net/seven/flip.php?x=455
>
> http://keith.miata.net/seven/flip.php?x=456

You're joking, right ? That thing is HIDEOUS! It looks like it's made by
John Deere ..

Puke!

Old August 29th 04, 09:44 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2004-08-29, Chief_Wiggum > wrote:

>> The car I was talking about is Keith Tanner's Miata-powered
>> "Locost," a Lotus Seven clone kit car. Basically I think you
>> really can't improve on the looks of my stock '93 Miata, but
>> (provided you don't mind absolute exposure to the weather) you
>> can definitely improve on the weight:

> You're joking, right ? That thing is HIDEOUS!

Huh? He didn't say it was pretty. He said it was light weight.

> It looks like it's made by John Deere ..

Not really.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! What UNIVERSE is
at this, please??
Old August 29th 04, 11:26 PM
Dave Null Sr.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:47:55 GMT, "Chief_Wiggum" >
wrote in news:LpqYc.165082$sh.70764@fed1read06:

> "johnny phenothiazine" > wrote in message
>> jchase wrote:
>> The car I was talking about is Keith Tanner's
>> Miata-powered "Locost," a Lotus Seven clone kit car. Basically I
>> think you really can't improve on the looks of my stock '93 Miata,
>> but (provided you don't mind absolute exposure to the weather) you
>> can definitely improve on the weight:
>>
>> http://keith.miata.net/seven/flip.php?x=455
>>
>> http://keith.miata.net/seven/flip.php?x=456
>>

> You're joking, right ? That thing is HIDEOUS! It looks like it's
> made by
> John Deere ..

What's the saying? "nothing runs like a Deere."

I don't care how hideous it is.

I hope Keith will give me a ride in his sub-1300 lb. 'Miata.'
Whoooeeeee.

Old August 29th 04, 11:42 PM
Chief_Wiggum

"Grant Edwards" > wrote in message
> On 2004-08-29, Chief_Wiggum > wrote:
>
> >> The car I was talking about is Keith Tanner's Miata-powered
> >> "Locost," a Lotus Seven clone kit car. Basically I think you
> >> really can't improve on the looks of my stock '93 Miata, but
> >> (provided you don't mind absolute exposure to the weather) you
> >> can definitely improve on the weight:

> > You're joking, right ? That thing is HIDEOUS!

> Huh? He didn't say it was pretty. He said it was light weight.
>
> > It looks like it's made by John Deere ..

> Not really.
>
> --
> Grant Edwards grante Yow! What UNIVERSE is
> at this, please??
> visi.com

>and hey Big Chief, I think it's totally beautiful and I want a dark
>green one!

Hmm... Nope... Said it was "totally beautiful!"

To each his own, I guess... It may be fun to drive from a seat of the
pants perspective, but it's about as "beautiful" as a sand rail IMO..

Just a horrible thing to do to a Miata!

Old August 29th 04, 11:49 PM
Leon van Dommelen

johnny phenothiazine > wrote:

>jchase wrote:
>>
>> johnny phenothiazine wrote:
>> >
>> > and hey Big Chief, I think it's totally beautiful and I
>> > want a dark green one!

>> Who wants a "redecorated" Miata?- if you want a BMW, pay
>> for one!

>Oh no, I wasn't saying the Miata/BMW is "beautiful," far, far from it,
>most certainly I wouldn't want a Miata with a plastic fake-BMW body. In
>fact I wouldn't buy that nice Mazdaspeed Turbo, even if I could afford
>one, specifically because of the ugly plastic razzmatazz they insist on
>bolting all over the body. Particularly the spoiler, what's the point
>on a convertible? Though if you happen to like that kind of stuff I
>guess "to each his own." The car I was talking about is Keith Tanner's
>Miata-powered "Locost," a Lotus Seven clone kit car. Basically I think
>you really can't improve on the looks of my stock '93 Miata, but
>(provided you don't mind absolute exposure to the weather) you can
>definitely improve on the weight:

You could improve more on the weight, and I assume tossability, by
keeping the length down. Aerodynamics don't seem that great either.
It seems to be more of an attempt to create a look alike to an
apparently very ugly car, than an attempt to optimize car properties.

Leon

http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
>-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old August 30th 04, 12:55 AM
Generic

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
> johnny phenothiazine > wrote:
> >guess "to each his own." The car I was talking about is Keith Tanner's
> >Miata-powered "Locost," a Lotus Seven clone kit car. Basically I think
> >you really can't improve on the looks of my stock '93 Miata, but
> >(provided you don't mind absolute exposure to the weather) you can
> >definitely improve on the weight:

> You could improve more on the weight, and I assume tossability, by
> keeping the length down. Aerodynamics don't seem that great either.
> It seems to be more of an attempt to create a look alike to an
> apparently very ugly car, than an attempt to optimize car properties.
>
> Leon

Here's the original design, once upon a time a "classic" Lotus, and now a
Caterham. The proportions are far more balanced:

http://www.uscaterham.com/

The Lotus and BMW mods are just plain perverse.

-John

Old August 30th 04, 01:08 AM
Grant Edwards

On 2004-08-29, Generic > wrote:

> Here's the original design, once upon a time a "classic"
> Lotus,

Made famous (at least on this side of the pond) by the TV
series "The Prisoner".

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! NOW, I'm supposed
at to SCRAMBLE two, and HOLD
Old August 30th 04, 04:12 PM
jchase

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2004-08-29, Generic > wrote:
>

>>Here's the original design, once upon a time a "classic"
>>Lotus,

> Made famous (at least on this side of the pond) by the TV
> series "The Prisoner".

If you've got BBCAmerica on your cable, they're rebroadcasting The
Prisoner (along with The Saint and The Avengers) on Fridays- with all of
those lovely cars. Come to think of it, my affection for small sleek
roadsters may come from the teenage brain overload I experienced seeing
Mrs. Peel in her Elan.

Joe
Silver '99

Old September 1st 04, 07:54 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article <soJXc.173183$Oi.105052@fed1read04>, says...

>I think they are kinda cool myself .. especially the clamshell hood design.
>*shrug*

I like the clamshell hood, but the quality of the parts looks very poor.
--------------
Alex

Old September 9th 04, 02:59 PM
Alastair

The front end of my 2001 MX5 got caught on a steel column stu sticking out
the ground in a car park. The bottom of the plastic just below the air
intake is a bit scratched and there's a small hole; it's also slightly
wrinkled. Not worth replacing the nose cone but is there a part repair
panel available that could be grafted in? I will probably DIY it or get a
local body shop to have a look, but I know there initial reaction will be
"replace the whole front end, which is about £600 just for the nose cone I
believe.

Alastair

---