Another question

Old September 25th 04, 08:27 AM
TF

Default Another question

How do they get the extra 55HP out of a Z06?

Thanks,
TF

Old September 25th 04, 03:51 PM
DarkOverlord

TF wrote:
> How do they get the extra 55HP out of a Z06?

LS6 <> LS1. Changes include ram-air, different intake, different
exhaust, and I think also different journals in the engine. There are most
probably some articles on the differences between those two engines on the
Internet.

--
_______________________________________
Not to him who is offensive to us are we most

Old September 25th 04, 03:51 PM
DarkOverlord

Old September 25th 04, 06:53 PM
Bob I

http://www.idavette.net/hib/02ls6/index.htm

Old September 25th 04, 06:53 PM
Bob I

Old September 25th 04, 07:55 PM
TF

Thanks guys.
I question this, though:

3.85-sec. 0-60

Everyone and his sister owns a Mustang around here.
I just don't want to buy a coupe and find I can't beat one of em...
I was test driving a 98 back when I first got interested and this Mustang
gets on our ass really aggressivley, like he wanted to race and knew he
could win.
I think he could have, at least against that 98.

I now want an 04 or 05, but really want 400hp.

Thanks,
TF

Old September 25th 04, 07:55 PM
TF

Old September 25th 04, 10:15 PM
Diode

TF spoke thusly...

> Everyone and his sister owns a Mustang around here.
> I just don't want to buy a coupe and find I can't beat one of em...

There is more bolt on horsepower available for all Corvette motors than
you can shake several sticks at. You can go from Hyperchips to
superchargers, the only obstacle is $. Of course, the best answer is an
LT4 motor, but that ain't gonna happen.

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
Old September 25th 04, 10:15 PM
Diode

TF spoke thusly...

> Everyone and his sister owns a Mustang around here.
> I just don't want to buy a coupe and find I can't beat one of em...

There is more bolt on horsepower available for all Corvette motors than
you can shake several sticks at. You can go from Hyperchips to
superchargers, the only obstacle is $. Of course, the best answer is an
LT4 motor, but that ain't gonna happen.

--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Shut up, dave.
Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt.
Actual mileage may vary.

S8 Report and Reliability Question LIW Audi 2 November 22nd 04 05:02 PM
Transmission fluid filter question LIW Audi 0 November 22nd 04 04:45 PM
E34 question Vernon Balbert BMW 11 October 27th 04 01:37 PM
1992 525i Auto Trans question Scott BMW 1 October 10th 04 03:14 PM
Question on Windows on C4 -might be relevent to others Chet Doboe Corvette 8 August 20th 04 05:26 PM