Traffic Cameras

Old February 8th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
lil abner

Default Traffic Cameras

It's all about money.
On the news another City is taking down Red Light Cameras, or the Camera
Company is. Not enough money was coming in.
Another small city is installing them. Talk is about engineering to make
sure they pay for themselves.
Another larger city has them already. Not making enough money. So they
are moving the vans to down hill four and five lanes.
The speed limit, in one location was 50 not too awful long ago.
Then it was 45. Sometime over the last year or so it was reduced to 40.
The natural speed is well over 50. So... it means they get to write
more tickets.
Old February 9th 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:17:28 -0500, lil abner > wrote:

>It's all about money.
>On the news another City is taking down Red Light Cameras, or the Camera
>Company is. Not enough money was coming in.
>Another small city is installing them. Talk is about engineering to make
>sure they pay for themselves.
>Another larger city has them already. Not making enough money. So they
>are moving the vans to down hill four and five lanes.
>The speed limit, in one location was 50 not too awful long ago.
>Then it was 45. Sometime over the last year or so it was reduced to 40.
>The natural speed is well over 50. So... it means they get to write
>more tickets.

Yep. The Cith of Brunswick recently anonounced that they were
discontinuing their RLC program (one of the three cameras is already
gone) claiming that the goal of reducing traffic accidents has been
met.

Well, if the cameras are doing what the city hoped for, why
discontinue them?

--
"I always heard that primitave hoo-mans lacked intelligence,
but I never thought they'd be this stupid."
Old February 9th 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

On Feb 8, 8:51*pm, necromancer
<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:17:28 -0500, lil abner > wrote:
> >It's all about money.
> >On the news another City is taking down Red Light Cameras, or the Camera
> >Company is. Not enough money was coming in.
> >Another small city is installing them. Talk is about engineering to make
> >sure they pay for themselves.
> >Another larger city has them already. Not making enough money. So they
> >are moving the vans to down hill four and five lanes.
> >The speed limit, in one location was 50 not too awful long ago.
> >Then it was 45. Sometime over the last year or so it was reduced to 40.
> >The natural speed is well over 50. *So... it means they get to write
> >more tickets.

> Yep. The Cith of Brunswick recently anonounced that they were
> discontinuing their RLC program (one of the three cameras is already
> gone) claiming that the goal of reducing traffic accidents has been
> met.
>
> Well, if the cameras are doing what the city hoped for, why
> discontinue them?

Cost/benefit ratio.
-----

- gpsman
Old February 9th 10, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

lil abner > wrote in :

> It's all about money.
> On the news another City is taking down Red Light Cameras, or the Camera
> Company is. Not enough money was coming in.
> Another small city is installing them. Talk is about engineering to make
> sure they pay for themselves.
> Another larger city has them already. Not making enough money. So they
> are moving the vans to down hill four and five lanes.
> The speed limit, in one location was 50 not too awful long ago.
> Then it was 45. Sometime over the last year or so it was reduced to 40.
> The natural speed is well over 50. So... it means they get to write
> more tickets.

So let's replace the fines with license suspension. That would compel
these deadly criminals to obey the law and shut up you coddlers who say
fines are just about the money.
Old February 9th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer - ECHM[_5_]

SFB spewed:

>So let's replace the fines with license suspension. That would compel
>these deadly criminals to obey the law and shut up you coddlers who say
>fines are just about the money.

What's wrong with 10 days in jail, criminal coddler?

--
"I don't want kids."

--Levi Johnston - biological father of
Sarah Palin's ******* grandchild.
Old February 9th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

necromancer - ECHM > wrote in
:

> SFB spewed:
>

>>So let's replace the fines with license suspension. That would compel
>>these deadly criminals to obey the law and shut up you coddlers who say
>>fines are just about the money.

> What's wrong with 10 days in jail, criminal coddler?

Too expensive for the taxpayers. But suspending licenses pretty much hurts
just the criminal.
Old February 9th 10, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer - ECHM[_5_]

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 19:06:34 -0800, Scott in SoCal
> wrote:

>Last time on rec.autos.driving, necromancer
><Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spa m_no_way.org> said:
>
>>On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:17:28 -0500, lil abner > wrote:
>>
>>>It's all about money.

>>Yep. The Cith of Brunswick [...]

>Was that a Star Wars Freudian slip, implying that the Brunswick city
>fathers have turned to The Dark Side?

Nope. That was a Bacardian Slip caused by the, "h," and, "y," keys
being too close together....

--
necromancer

Official Overseer Of k00ks And Trolls
In rec.autos.driving And misc.transport.road

Carl Taylor takes his ball and goes home again and again and again...:

"C.T. (hoping again to never post here again)"
--Carl Taylor, 12/16/06 5:40AM
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/y59spw (note: ROT 13 trickery applied)
Message ID: . com
Old February 9th 10, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
[email protected][_1_]

On Feb 8, 9:17*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> So let's replace the fines with license suspension. *That would compel
> these deadly criminals to obey the law and shut up you coddlers who say
> fines are just about the money.

They tried that in police-state Britain. The angry masses just took
to destroying the traffic cameras - typically by spray-painting their
lenses or torching them - and the traffic cameras there are so hated
that witnesses never are found.

http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!
Old February 9th 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:44:52 -0800, Scott in SoCal
> wrote:

>Last time on rec.autos.driving, necromancer - ECHM
> said:
>
>>Nope. That was a Bacardian Slip caused by the, "h," and, "y," keys
>>being too close together....

>LOL! "Bacardian Slip?"

Yep. Too much rum, not enough Coca-Cola...

>I'm gonna have to steal that one.

It did sound better than, "Grey-Goosian," slip. :-P

--
"I... Can't drive... FIFTY-FIVE!!"
--Sammy Hagar