BugMe videos?

Old November 25th 09, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default BugMe videos?

On Nov 22, 7:03*pm, Rusty Shackelford > wrote:
> I didn't realize that you had departed the VW scene, though I did notice
> that I hadn't seen you around for a while. *That's a shame, you were an
> asset to the community and hobby. *In any case, I know, that one day,
> you'll be back. :-). *I left VWs for about 15 years at one time but I
> always had a soft spot in my heart for the little cars and would take
> special notice whenever I saw one on the road. *One day I saw one on the
> side of the road for sale and ended up dragging it back home.

Well, I will admit, once these little airsuckers are in your blood,
they never really go away...
I haven't worked for the magazines, hence no real immersion into VWs,
in close to 5 years. I moved out of VW Central (SoCal) and to a quiter
lifestyle in the redwoods of Northern CA. I still have the Polar
Silver Oval with the real Rader wheels, IDA's, EMPI steering wheel
signed by Joe Vittone and Richard Guarino, Berg Signature shifter,
blah blah blah, but that's about it. I sometimes still make an
appearance at the Sacramento Bugorama's, and if you still read HotVWs,
sometime in the future you may see a Blue Squareback article, written
and photographed by a name from the past.... 8=)
Oh, and Rusty, my diatrible was **NOT** supposed to be against you...
if you took it that way, then I most humbly apologise.
Old November 25th 09, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rusty Shackelford[_2_]

wrote:
> On Nov 22, 7:03 pm, Rusty Shackelford > wrote:
>> I didn't realize that you had departed the VW scene, though I did notice
>> that I hadn't seen you around for a while. That's a shame, you were an
>> asset to the community and hobby. In any case, I know, that one day,
>> you'll be back. :-). I left VWs for about 15 years at one time but I
>> always had a soft spot in my heart for the little cars and would take
>> special notice whenever I saw one on the road. One day I saw one on the
>> side of the road for sale and ended up dragging it back home.

> Well, I will admit, once these little airsuckers are in your blood,
> they never really go away...
> I haven't worked for the magazines, hence no real immersion into VWs,
> in close to 5 years. I moved out of VW Central (SoCal) and to a quiter
> lifestyle in the redwoods of Northern CA. I still have the Polar
> Silver Oval with the real Rader wheels, IDA's, EMPI steering wheel
> signed by Joe Vittone and Richard Guarino, Berg Signature shifter,
> blah blah blah, but that's about it. I sometimes still make an
> appearance at the Sacramento Bugorama's, and if you still read HotVWs,
> sometime in the future you may see a Blue Squareback article, written
> and photographed by a name from the past.... 8=)
> Oh, and Rusty, my diatrible was **NOT** supposed to be against you...
> if you took it that way, then I most humbly apologise.

Oh no, didn't think your fire was aimed at me, but just wanted to make
sure. Good to hear you've still got the Oval.

You know, you can get so wrapped up in a particular scene that it just
becomes stale to you at some point. Walking a way from something can do
you a world of good sometimes. And, you may find that after really
backing off from the scene for some years that one day it will seem
fresh again and the old fire will come back. It did for me. I don't
think humans really do well doing the same thing over and over year
after year. We all need a change of scenery now an then. And, contrary
to what the poets says, sometimes you *can* go home again. :-)

Old November 25th 09, 01:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Karls

On Nov 21, 12:17*pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:
> Hey Karls, where have you been?
>

> Jan
>
> Karls wrote:
> > Try sending them an email, I'm pretty sure you can get a good deal on
> > the DVD format copies.

> > Karls
> > (yes, it's been a long time)

> > On Nov 20, 11:10 am, OldIron > wrote:
> >> Gents (and possibly ladies),

> >> Well, as I have a legitimate set of the tapes, I was only looking to
> >> change the format. *I'll be grabbing the video software referred to
> >> earlier and doing this myself, when time permits.
> >> As to Dangermouse, I'm with you that I would gladly pre-pay for them!
> >> Rick needs to put up a 'credit card' or check commit page and see what
> >> the interest really is!
> >> I know I'd be there!!!

> >> OldIron

> >> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:24:09 -0800 (PST), Dangermouse

Hey Jan! I have been everywhere, moved about a year ago, and busy as
hell. How's your family? did you manage to bring your vw from finland?
What about Olli?
Old February 24th 21, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Ariel Camargo

https://archive.org/details/@pedrocost

HERE ARE ALL THE CHAPTERS

El lunes, 9 de noviembre de 2009 a la(s) 1:29:21 p.Â*m. UTC-2, OldIron escribió:
> Hello there
> I have the Bug Me series on how to repair your VW Beetle on VHS.
> I've found all but one in .avi form on-line, and was curious if anyone
> had that one in .avi form?
> I basically just want to watch them off of my laptop, instead of being
> stuck to my VHS and television.
> Thanks
> OldIron
> P.s. I'm looking for chapter 8, I have the other 9 chapters...

Bug Me Videos [email protected] VW air cooled 5 May 24th 09 08:37 PM
SOME NEW VIDEOS Jeff \(4X4PLAY\) Jeep 0 April 5th 07 02:40 PM
BMW Videos [email protected] BMW 1 May 10th 05 12:57 PM
More videos Kevin in San Diego Jeep 12 March 15th 05 09:36 AM
Videos 993ti General 0 December 4th 04 01:23 PM