Town & Country wheelchair conversion van

Old May 18th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
QX

Default Town & Country wheelchair conversion van

Does anyone have any experience with the T&C being modified
with a lowered floor for power wheelchair use? There are several
companies that will do this ($10K). Any comments are
appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old May 19th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"QX" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any experience with the T&C being modified
> with a lowered floor for power wheelchair use? There are several
> companies that will do this ($10K). Any comments are
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't use a T&C but each to his own. Frankly, with the number
of really great condition vehicles out there that have already been
wheelchair converted, if it was me I'd be looking for a used full size
van. I mean, look at Ebay 200109014409, the works, selling for
peanuts.

Ted

Old May 20th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Burgerman

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message

> "QX" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone have any experience with the T&C being modified
>> with a lowered floor for power wheelchair use? There are several
>> companies that will do this ($10K). Any comments are
>> appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> I wouldn't use a T&C but each to his own. Frankly, with the number
> of really great condition vehicles out there that have already been
> wheelchair converted, if it was me I'd be looking for a used full size
> van. I mean, look at Ebay 200109014409, the works, selling for
> peanuts.
>
> Ted

Yes they are great - mines a dodge though. have a look,
www.optimabattery.co.uk/rollx
What do you want to know?

Old May 20th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

based on experence with a sister in a chair and having used large and
small vans
get the full size with the magnetic switches in the taillites and the
remotes

Old May 20th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Burgerman

Old May 21st 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
yappy

There is a modification for T&C where a chairlift bolts to where a removed
bucket seat is removed. Then the carseat becomes a wheelchair. Very easy
to load/unload person in wheelchair. It is also cheaper then lower floor
modification.

Drove a modified T&C for about a month. Had nothing but problems with the
ramp sliding out and the van stopped kneeling. Also very uncomfortable for
my dad in wheelchair.