Canadian healthcare system flawed, why are we trying to duplicate?

Old August 21st 09, 09:28 PM posted to misc.rural,alt.california,alt.politics.usa,rec.equestrian,rec.autos.driving
thomas shoup

Default Canadian healthcare system flawed, why are we trying to duplicate?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...335rGu_Z3KXoQw

Incoming head of Canadian Healthcare System recognizes problems.

tripletask
Old August 22nd 09, 02:35 AM posted to misc.rural,alt.california,alt.politics.usa,rec.equestrian,rec.autos.driving
Gadfly

thomas shoup wrote:
> http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...335rGu_Z3KXoQw
>
> Incoming head of Canadian Healthcare System recognizes problems.
>
> tripletask

I guess it depends on what your interpretation of flawed is. As far as I
know, few things in life are perfect, and personally I'm quite satisfied
with it.

By the way, two points:

The Canadian Medical Association does not run the Canadian health care
system. They are a bunch of doctors who like to have meetings and
pretend that they know everything that's best for us.

The system that you (American, I presume) are trying to implement is
nothing like the Canadian system. Perhaps you should do some homework
and learn what your representatives are actually proposing instead of
following the media terrorist outlets such as Fox and its talking heads.
Old August 22nd 09, 03:37 AM posted to misc.rural,alt.california,alt.politics.usa,rec.equestrian,rec.autos.driving
Wallace

"Gadfly" > wrote in message

> thomas shoup wrote:
>> http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...335rGu_Z3KXoQw
>>
>> Incoming head of Canadian Healthcare System recognizes problems.
>>
>> tripletask

> I guess it depends on what your interpretation of flawed is. As far as I
> know, few things in life are perfect, and personally I'm quite satisfied
> with it.
>
> By the way, two points:
>
> The Canadian Medical Association does not run the Canadian health care
> system. They are a bunch of doctors who like to have meetings and pretend
> that they know everything that's best for us.
>
> The system that you (American, I presume) are trying to implement is
> nothing like the Canadian system. Perhaps you should do some homework and
> learn what your representatives are actually proposing instead of
> following the media terrorist outlets such as Fox and its talking heads.

you would have to learn it yourself. Our representatives have no idea what
is in the bill(s).

Old August 22nd 09, 08:38 PM posted to misc.rural,alt.california,alt.politics.usa,rec.equestrian,rec.autos.driving
SeaWoe

On Aug 22, 2:17*am, E. Barry Bruyea > wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:28:07 -0700 (PDT), thomas shoup
>
> > wrote:
> >http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...ALeqM5jbjzPEY0...

> >Incoming head of Canadian Healthcare System recognizes problems.

> >tripletask

> Their is no 'Head Of The Canadian Healthcare System'. *The Canadian
> system is operated Provincially, not Federally. *You should learn to
> read.

FWIW, ten years ago I was coivwered by the British NHS
Then I became covered my TriCare (Retired US Millitary)
Now, I am covered by Medicare. (US OAP health plan)

The differences arew a follows:

In GB, My GP was within walking distance
With the military hospital I had a better idea of the background of
the other patients waiting
With medicare, I have covered parrking.