Adjust headlight

Old June 7th 20, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Adjust headlight

Xeno wrote:
>You need to look a little harder. Such adjustments are not
>uncommon. I have owned at least two cars with such things
>and they are by no means up market models.

_________
Years, Makes, Models, and trims please.
Old June 7th 20, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Mark Olson wrote:

>All the cars I have rented _in Europe_ have headlight
>adjustment dials in the cockpit, but none of the cars
>I've driven _in America_ have them, whether Japanese,
>European or American makes.

>I suspect thekmanrocks hasn't driven many cars outside
>the USA.

______________
No I have not. Just once a cheap Suzuki or Isuzu rental hatchback in the Cayman
Islands.

Manufacturers(U.S., Asian, and otherwise) likely presumed that the average U.S. driver
had neither the patience nor the intellect to properly operate such adjustments to achieve
proper headlight aim. I, for one, would appreciate such an adjustment, and would probably
make use of it once per month. I'm fairly certain my fellow Yanks don't even check their tire
pressures once per month, let alone headlight calibration.

Having visited several countries outside the States, I noticed this fact: that the same exact
product made for sale in both the U.S. and other countries, includes many additional
features that the U.S. version lacks.

Considering how the last U.S. presidential election went, I foresee no end to this difference
in products intended for U.S. sale vs identical *looking* onses intended for sale elsewhere
around the globe.
Old February 27th 21, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Robin Goodfellow

Xeno > said about adjusting headlights

> Pretty much sums it up. ;-)

+1

I need to adjust the clutch on my 88 S10 - Help [email protected] Technology 1 September 10th 16 02:32 AM
2000 Beetle Radio treble/bass won't adjust? and CD treble, bass,balance won't adjust? [email protected] VW water cooled 1 January 5th 08 06:10 AM
clutch adjust. [email protected] 4x4 1 December 12th 06 10:26 PM
How do you adjust the AI in GEM+2? [email protected] Simulators 2 December 11th 05 05:02 PM
How to adjust RPMs Louis Carroll BMW 3 November 23rd 04 06:52 PM