My thoughts about the Ford Mustang

Old February 28th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ejl6266

Default My thoughts about the Ford Mustang

It may be the popular opinion but I am going to point out that while I
like all the new models of Mustang the late 60's and early 70's models
are untouchable. Nothing compares to them in looks and even though
they got fairly bad gas mileage by todays standards, having one is
definitely worth its cost and the cost of gas. I also found this
Mustang site which I suggest you all check out http://www.efordmustang.com<
/a> which has great
Mustang pictures and info.
Old February 28th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:46:58 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:01:33 -0800 (PST), ejl6266 >
>wrote:
>
>>It may be the popular opinion but I am going to point out that while I
>>like all the new models of Mustang the late 60's and early 70's models
>>are untouchable. Nothing compares to them in looks and even though
>>they got fairly bad gas mileage by todays standards, having one is
>>definitely worth its cost and the cost of gas. I also found this
>>Mustang site which I suggest you all check out http://www.efordmustang.com<
>>/a> which has great
>>Mustang pictures and info.

>There is no arguing the appeal of the "classics" but I think the
>newest ones look better then the originals.

I'll go with the classic (cause that's what I drive :0) However, the
choice is purely personal with regard to appearances. On the other
hand, the mechanics and safety features of the new ones beats a
classic hands down. Much of the modern stuff is the stuff we could
only dream about a few decades ago.

Even classics owners today are divided.... do you keep it original or
do you upgrade the systems to modern? I say it's in the wallet of the
registered owner. :0)

The one thing I object to is the movement of the classics into the
hands of wealthy foreign buyers.