49 cable brake adjustments

Old April 5th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Default 49 cable brake adjustments

Shane Stroud wrote:
> Hi, I'm new here and have a question....
>
> Anybody know how to adjust cable brakes on a 49?
>
> Come to think of it, does anybody know where I might find a reprinted
> manual for this car?
>

> Shane

How about the original 1939 manual?
Go to eBay Item # 250100678225

Factory Workshop manual from 1960:
Item # 200095514243

This site archives scanned copies of very old
factory info. Can't say if you'll find just what you want:
http://failsure.net/oacdp/

A few sites with interesting info:
http://www.pre67vw.co.uk/

http://www.thebugshop.org/
http://www.zarwerks.com/

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!"
Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Old April 6th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shane Stroud

Speedy Jim wrote:
> Shane Stroud wrote:
>> Hi, I'm new here and have a question....
>>
>> Anybody know how to adjust cable brakes on a 49?
>>
>> Come to think of it, does anybody know where I might find a reprinted
>> manual for this car?
>>

>> Shane

> How about the original 1939 manual?
> Go to eBay Item # 250100678225
>

> Factory Workshop manual from 1960:
> Item # 200095514243
>

> This site archives scanned copies of very old
> factory info. Can't say if you'll find just what you want:
> http://failsure.net/oacdp/
>

> A few sites with interesting info:
> http://www.pre67vw.co.uk/
>
> http://www.thebugshop.org/
> http://www.zarwerks.com/
>

> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
>
> "I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!"
> Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder
> engine.

I have a Bentley manual that covers 54 through 79, and a factory manual
that covers my 59, one more for my 69, and a Bosch fuel injection manual
for my 79... but there isn't much out there for the early cars.

That 39 manual might have some pertinent info. I have seen reprinted
manuals on Samba from time to time, but not usually complete ones. I
may just have to get with Zarwerks.

Thanks for the links,
Shane
Old April 6th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Scott H

"Shane Stroud" > wrote in message
> Speedy Jim wrote:
>> Shane Stroud wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm new here and have a question....
>>>
>>> Anybody know how to adjust cable brakes on a 49?
>>>
>>> Come to think of it, does anybody know where I might find a reprinted
>>> manual for this car?
>>>

>>> Shane

>> How about the original 1939 manual?
>> Go to eBay Item # 250100678225 Factory Workshop manual from 1960:
>> Item # 200095514243 This site archives scanned copies of very old
>> factory info. Can't say if you'll find just what you want:
>> http://failsure.net/oacdp/
>>

>> A few sites with interesting info:
>> http://www.pre67vw.co.uk/
>>
>> http://www.thebugshop.org/
>> http://www.zarwerks.com/
>>

>> Speedy Jim
>> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
>>
>> "I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has
>> teats!"
>> Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder
>> engine.

> I have a Bentley manual that covers 54 through 79, and a factory manual
> that covers my 59, one more for my 69, and a Bosch fuel injection manual
> for my 79... but there isn't much out there for the early cars.
>
> That 39 manual might have some pertinent info. I have seen reprinted
> manuals on Samba from time to time, but not usually complete ones. I may
> just have to get with Zarwerks.
>
> Thanks for the links,
> Shane

John at Zarwerks has scans of a 1945 manual he
http://www.zarwerks.com/45partsmanual/45partsmanual.htm

hth

--
Scott

Old April 6th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
john

Shane Stroud wrote:

> That 39 manual might have some pertinent info. I have seen reprinted
> manuals on Samba from time to time, but not usually complete ones. I
> may just have to get with Zarwerks.

Once you tell Zarwerks (John) that you have a '49, you will never get
out of there!

Sheesh, what I'd give for a 49! Pictures! We want to see pictures!
Old April 6th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shane Stroud

Alright, here's a pic of my cars, my wife, and me. In order, they're 49
Deluxe, 59 Ragtop (Judson supercharged, of course), 69 Hardtop (Judson
as well), and 79 vert (absolutely still fuel injected).

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/264338.jpg

Old April 7th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan

Shane Stroud wrote:
> Alright, here's a pic of my cars, my wife, and me. In order, they're 49
> Deluxe, 59 Ragtop (Judson supercharged, of course), 69 Hardtop (Judson
> as well), and 79 vert (absolutely still fuel injected).
>
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/264338.jpg

I think I hates ya.

Nice... very nice.

Jan
Old April 7th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Shane Stroud" > wrote in message
> Alright, here's a pic of my cars, my wife, and me. In order, they're 49
> Deluxe, 59 Ragtop (Judson supercharged, of course), 69 Hardtop (Judson as
> well), and 79 vert (absolutely still fuel injected).
>
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/264338.jpg

damn fine collection you have Shane....

Old April 7th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shane Stroud

Happy to hear you guys approve. They're our kids.....at least until we
have one of our own. But they're at least as demanding of my time as
rugrats are.

Shane

Old April 9th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"Shane Stroud" > schreef in bericht
> Alright, here's a pic of my cars, my wife, and me. In order, they're 49
> Deluxe, 59 Ragtop (Judson supercharged, of course), 69 Hardtop (Judson as
> well), and 79 vert (absolutely still fuel injected).
>
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/264338.jpg

DROOOL
Awsome!

Roger