2001 Dodge Stratus Blower Motor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 20th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 2001 Dodge Stratus Blower Motor

Ok, it seems to be a fairly common problem because I've found a lot of
information on the internet about it. Last night the a/c blower motor
stopped working on settings 1,2 and 3 but still works on 4.

I got the part number of the blower motor resistor from he

http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl705e.htm

Which also has a picture.

I went to the dealer at lunch today and was told part number 4885919-aa
was superceded twice and they are now selling part number 5174124-aa.
However the price is now $34.50 and the screw holes look like the left
one is in the wrong spot, as compared to the picture. I pointed this
out to the parts guy who said I'll need to cut the tab off on the left
side. That didn't sound right so I had him call one of the technicians
in and he said for the Stratus the screw holes are in the right place
and I don't need to cut off the tab, that is what they do for Durangos.

Does anyone know if the picture on the web page above is incorrect or
is the part not a direct replacement? I'd like to hear from someone who
has done this before I pull the dash apart and order the part because I
am not a skilled mechanic and don't want to do this myself if I need to
start modifying parts or modifying the car.

Thanks.

1996 Dodge Grand Caravan LE AC/Heater Blower, Relay and Resistor Block Problems 101 HeadlessHorseman Dodge 2 January 12th 06 11:12 PM
Chrysler group set to kill off its Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Sebringcoupes MoPar Man Chrysler 54 January 3rd 05 04:21 PM
1992 E36 325i blower motor Keith BMW 1 December 8th 04 03:51 PM
Climatronic Diagnostic Controls Luís Lourenço Audi 1 November 12th 04 08:22 AM
1996 Neon Blower Motor wj96 Dodge 2 July 20th 04 05:17 PM