Anybody at Carlisle melting pot?

Old September 2nd 04, 04:40 PM
Mike

Default Anybody at Carlisle melting pot?

Man was it hot!
First year in many that I did not attend the auction. Were there any good
buys in the C4 ragtop version that anyone is aware of? I have an '80 L82 and
am thinking of adding a C4 convertible. They look so good with the top down.

Old September 2nd 04, 07:06 PM
Diode

Mike spoke thusly:

> Man was it hot!
> First year in many that I did not attend the auction. Were there any good

I didn't even bother looking at the auction cars this year...last year
they were total crap. I didn't see a decent looking one in the bunch.
It looked more like a police auction of impounded cars.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 2nd 04, 07:06 PM
Diode

Mike spoke thusly:

Old September 3rd 04, 10:57 PM
Diode

Mike spoke thusly:

> Man was it hot!

Hey Mike...I think I saw you there. You were the guy that was sweating,
right? )

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 3rd 04, 10:57 PM
Diode

Mike spoke thusly:

Old September 4th 04, 04:34 AM
Bob G.

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:40:00 -0400, "Mike" > wrote:

>Man was it hot!
>First year in many that I did not attend the auction. Were there any good
>buys in the C4 ragtop version that anyone is aware of? I have an '80 L82 and
>am thinking of adding a C4 convertible. They look so good with the top down.

================================
Yep first year in many that I personally felt the heat...and the first
year that can ever remember when a thunderstorm came out of nowhere,
and dumped bucket after bucket of rain down on the fairgrounds... 30
minutes after the rain stopped the sun was back out, the temp had
falled 20 degrees AND a hell of a lot of Corvettes were sitting in 4
to 6 inches of water.....

I lucked out the lake around my car was only ankle deep... and a
friend put closed my hood, put the top up and closewd the windows...

The water soaked into the ground in 15 minutes...and all was
fine..except my cleanning supplies were left sitting on the ground...a
California duster is pretty useless when it really resembles a floor
mop...

2 hours after the storm it was perfect weather and the Prade went off
without a hitch...lots of burn outs and the police did not bat an
eyelid... cool

Bob Griffiths
Old September 4th 04, 04:34 AM
Bob G.