turbonator

Old July 21st 05, 06:17 AM
muffster

Default turbonator

has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so what
were the results?
http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang

I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.

thanks.. Keith

Old July 21st 05, 07:19 AM
Big Al

"muffster" > wrote in message
> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so
> what were the results?
> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>
> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.
>
> thanks.. Keith

If your wallet is too full it will help make it more comfortable to sit.
Other than that it's a waste of time.

Al

Old July 21st 05, 07:43 AM
Jim Warman

I couldn't have put it any better than that.....

P.T. Barnum once said "theres a sucker born every minute...". If these
things were so good, every manufacturer would be installing them on the
assembly line.

Old July 21st 05, 09:32 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

muffster wrote:
> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so what
> were the results?
> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>
> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.
>
> thanks.. Keith

Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the tubes
of the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the
combustion chamber. They won't reply.

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com
Old July 21st 05, 01:33 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
> muffster wrote:
>
>> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so
>> what were the results?
>> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>>
>> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.
>>
>> thanks.. Keith
>>

> Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
> throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the tubes
> of the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the
> combustion chamber. They won't reply.

When I see the TV commercials for these devices I just have to laugh.
They promote the "tornado" effect as a good thing. In reality the
"tornado" effect (aka vortex) is actually a sign of inefficient flow.
When I design dam outlet control structures I have to specify where to
put anti-vortex devices into the structure to improve its efficiency
when conveying water. The theories behind these devices are bogus and
I'm surprised the government hasn't hit them with a lawsuit for false
advertising.
Old July 21st 05, 11:50 PM
David M

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 05:17:45 +0000, muffster rearranged some electrons to
form:

> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so what
> were the results?
> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>
> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.
>
> thanks.. Keith

Pure snake oil.

From their web site:
35 HP boosts are not typical. Your results with the Turbonator will
probably, but not necessarily, be less.

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled

Old July 22nd 05, 01:44 AM
John

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> muffster wrote:
>> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so
>> what were the results?
>> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>>
>> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.

> Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
> throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the tubes of
> the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the combustion
> chamber. They won't reply.

Golly, wouldn't friction and going around curves (induced secondary flows)
tend to dissipate the initial swirl? ****ing morons!

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old July 22nd 05, 02:58 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
> WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>
>> muffster wrote:
>>
>>> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if
>>> so what were the results?
>>> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>>>
>>> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.
>>>
>>> thanks.. Keith
>>>

>> Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
>> throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the
>> tubes of the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the
>> combustion chamber. They won't reply.

> When I see the TV commercials for these devices I just have to laugh.
> They promote the "tornado" effect as a good thing. In reality the
> "tornado" effect (aka vortex) is actually a sign of inefficient flow.
> When I design dam outlet control structures I have to specify where to
> put anti-vortex devices into the structure to improve its efficiency
> when conveying water. The theories behind these devices are bogus and
> I'm surprised the government hasn't hit them with a lawsuit for false
> advertising.

Actually I did see where the FTC sued one of them some time back.
Made them change their claims.

Old July 22nd 05, 02:59 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

John wrote:
> "WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
>
>>muffster wrote:
>>
>>>has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so
>>>what were the results?
>>>http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>>>
>>>I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.

>> Sned them an email and ask how the "swirling effect" created at the
>>throttlebody manages to continue swirling all the way through the tubes of
>>the upper intake around curves, past the valves and into the combustion
>>chamber. They won't reply.

> Golly, wouldn't friction and going around curves (induced secondary flows)
> tend to dissipate the initial swirl? ****ing morons!

That's why they never reply. I guess they figure if you're smart
enough to ask that question, you're smart enough to figure out whatever
answer they send will be full of sheep dip...

Old July 22nd 05, 05:13 AM
muffster

"David M" > wrote in message
newsan.2005.07.21.22.50.25.596463@sled351...
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 05:17:45 +0000, muffster rearranged some electrons to
> form:
>
>> has anyone tried installing the turbonator on there mustang and if so
>> what
>> were the results?
>> http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsMustang
>>
>> I have a 02 GT and was wondering if this add on might be worth while.
>>
>> thanks.. Keith

> Pure snake oil.
>
> From their web site:
> 35 HP boosts are not typical. Your results with the Turbonator will
> probably, but not necessarily, be less.
>
> --
> David M (dmacchiarolo)
> http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
> T/S 53
> sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 31 days 13:04

thanks to all for answering my question

keith