Aston Martin International 2-4 seater sports 1930 fl3q.JPG - 410399 Bytes

Old March 20th 07, 10:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Verner Johnsen

Default Aston Martin International 2-4 seater sports 1930 fl3q.JPG

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:20:36 -0800, gn_user >
wrote:

>>I cannot say for sure, that this not a 'Agent'-problem, but I don't
>>have the same problem with multi part posts from posters.
>>

>If you will set your copy of Agent to "Ignore File Fragments" I
>believe it should eliminate the problem. You can find it he

Thank you very much HTH,

That did the trick.
Agent is decoding Andrés pictures just fine now, and André keep on
posting, I am ready now )

--
Regards Verner,
Old March 20th 07, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger[_2_] André Ritzinger[_2_] is offline
Banned

You're right, in my version of Agent the "Ignore Fragments" box is
checked by default.

André.

Old March 22nd 07, 02:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

Default Re [Zinc]: Aston Martin International 2-4 seater sports 1930 fl3q.JPG - 410399 Bytes

Sorry, André, I was in a hurry and away for a few days. I meant Newsfeeds -
it's the server I use to post in text. A few people couldn't see those
posts, though, so I use Giganews as well.

--
Z~

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 22nd 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
gn_user

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:30:57 GMT, Verner Johnsen

>On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:20:36 -0800, gn_user >
>wrote:
>

>>>I cannot say for sure, that this not a 'Agent'-problem, but I don't
>>>have the same problem with multi part posts from posters.
>>>

>>If you will set your copy of Agent to "Ignore File Fragments" I
>>believe it should eliminate the problem. You can find it he

>Thank you very much HTH,
>
>That did the trick.
>Agent is decoding Andrés pictures just fine now, and André keep on
>posting, I am ready now )

Wonderful.

Old March 22nd 07, 06:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
gn_user

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 00:11:33 +0100, André Ritzinger

>You're right, in my version of Agent the "Ignore Fragments" box is
>checked by default.
>
>André.

I believe it is the default, Agent runs pretty good right out of the
box. I'm curious to know, what was used for the other post?

If you have an interest in trying a different one I can recommend this
one. It's simple to use but also has options for multiple servers,
uue or yenc, and adjusting parts up to 6MB. It's also the only version
of PP I know of that correctly makes single part posts in yenc.

PPK2 - JW version C version
(Last one at bottom of page)
http://codeccorner.com/usenethelp/yEnc.html

Everything is fine just the way it is for me also Andre, thanks for
posting.

Old March 23rd 07, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger[_2_] André Ritzinger[_2_] is offline
Banned

For bulk posting I use an old program called NewsPost (version 2.2,
dating back to 1997). It's the most versatile and easy to use bulk
posting program I've come across in all those years. It's a pity that
its development was ended soon after the version I have. And I like
the fact that it combines text and binaries in one message (though
this might have been the problem for some when combining the multipart
messages).
I never have been a big fan of PowerPost 2000 though for posting large
files it's certainly better than the program I use. But I'll look into
the version you've suggested.
Thanks for your help.

André.