Bad News

Old April 30th 10, 08:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Max Magister

Default Bad News

I'm shocked. When something like this overturns the lives of people one
considers to be friends it's even worse. I'm so sorry to hear this, Rex,
but I have confidence in your abilities and believe that you'll be able to
regroup and come back stronger and better.

Do you have any idea where you might move to and when? You've got my email
address and I hope we'll stay in touch. Don't stop taking pictures, Rex;
your talent demands to be expressed.

Max

Old April 30th 10, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

"Zinc" > wrote in message > Current plans are to
move to another area - probably with a lot fewer cars -
> to regroup and start again.
>
> Rex Gray [aka Z~]

Rex,
I, too, (but for political reasons) had to move to a very rural area and
also expected to find 'a lot fewer cars'. Once I did get moved and
semi-settled in I found a farmer with 23 JDs, a Bentley, four Ferraris, a
Stanley Steamer, and a Lambo. Last summer a 29 Bentley LeMans tourer drove
by the house. There are car shows all summer - that's where I shot the
O-We-Go.
Again, in this VERY rural area, I also have fiberoptic DSL.
Ya just never know how green the other side of the fence is until you get
there.
All the best, and - please - get back to your bliss.
john

Old May 1st 10, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

Wow. I want to thank all of the well-wishers for your comments. You are too
kind.

My unemployment date has been extended by a few weeks and some things are
now on the burner. I don't know where I'll be in a couple of months but I
might have time for a car show or two in the meantime. We'll see.

--
Z~

Old May 1st 10, 06:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

"Zinc" > wrote in message
> Wow. I want to thank all of the well-wishers for your comments. You are
> too
> kind.
>
> My unemployment date has been extended by a few weeks and some things are
> now on the burner. I don't know where I'll be in a couple of months but I
> might have time for a car show or two in the meantime. We'll see.

We're happy to have ya for as long as you want to hang around.

Forever would be fine.
--
Pat Durkin

Old May 1st 10, 10:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Phil Asay

Sure hope things work out for you, Rex (aka Z) I guess by reading all of the
comments from regulars and lurkers (me) you realize how much we enjoy your
superb photos.

Phil

Old May 2nd 10, 08:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Peter C[_2_]

Well you gave some inkling of what was to come in a reply to me a while back
but I didn't realize it was to have this kind of impact on your life. I'm
sorry for not taking up on that earlier Rex.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that the latest developments will lead to a
situation where the load is lifted off your back and the horizon will seem a
lot brighter. You have not only endeared yourself to many here through posts
that have provided glimpses of who the real Rex is, but you have astounded
us with your photographic skill and artistry.....to the point where I can
say without a doubt that you could, at the very least, supplement your
income as professional photographer if you chose to do so. I think that
this bump in the road will be temporary and I refuse to contemplate the
future of this group without you as a kingpin. Square Wheels has said what
we all feel and , although it is easy for me to say sitting up here, I do
believe that things will work out positively for you. We are all behind you
100%.

I just returned from a road trip to Tucson and before I left I had thought
of asking if my wife and I could drop in for an hour or so to say hello on
our way back. Now I sincerely regret not following through with that
thought.

Stay in touch, right?

Peter C

Old May 4th 10, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

Thanks, Peter.

I really didn't expect such responses from you guys. And now I feel like an
idiot because I have a few more weeks yet to hang around.

It's too difficult to express my appreciation to each person for their good
wishes and thoughts so please accept the fact that these posts make all the
difference in the world to me as I plan for what's coming. A man's
self-worth is sometimes overly emphasized by 'what he does' rather than by
what he is. I've talked with some people about how this is partly my own
decision as well as a result of circumstances, and it's time to consider
quality-of-life versus security and the status quo. Life is too short, etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to dump a lot more photos here, but, if it doesn't
happen, be aware that I enjoyed everyone's company (well, maybe except for
that nasty Ray Bolger look-alike) and will be back back no matter what.

--
Z~

Old May 29th 10, 05:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Tom_Horn

Hope to see you back soon. Your pictures really are appreciated !
TH