Wheres my air silencer?

Old November 21st 04, 10:20 PM
BeverlyOmasta

Default Wheres my air silencer?

Does anyone know if an 88 gt have an air silencer? id like to remove it if
tehre is one, and where the hell is it at
Old November 21st 04, 10:41 PM
Claud Spinks

Look at the intake manifold. Follow the black tube as it travels to the
front passenger fender area. The air silencer is in the fender.
Claud

Old November 22nd 04, 03:15 AM
A Guy Named Steve

Unbolt the box that holds your air cleaner. It's on the other side of the
fender from that box. I think it's 3 screws to unbolt it, and a lot of
bleeding to remove it from inside the fender - have a bottle of bactine
handy.

Steve
72 Skylark Custom455

Old November 22nd 04, 07:14 AM
Steve Brooks

The air silencer is located under the passenger side fender in front of the
wheel and inner fender (plastic liner). Open up your air filter box, remove
your air filter and look in the air intake opening through the inner fender
and see if the air silencer is still there. It is easy to remove and it
will help improve air flow. I'd also suggest a K&N air filter if you plan
to keep the stock air filter box. Hope that helps.

If you really want to improve air flow, I'd suggest you replace the stock
air filter box and flex plumbing with a cold air induction kit. It consist
of smooth large diameter pipe and locates the air filter under the fender
(where the air silncer is located) so that it can draw in cooler outside
air. They are available on ebay for approximately $50 and up. I bought one
of the $50 kits and am pleased with the results. I could tell immediately
that the car was making more power.

Steve Brooks
93 GT

Old November 22nd 04, 11:50 AM
SVTKate

Wow...
they still MAKE Bactine???!!!

--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top

k.net...

Old November 22nd 04, 06:01 PM

Sorry, but I gotta call BS on this. I know that the fox cars supposedly reap
benefits of these CAI kits better than my car, but I noticed *zero*
improvement. I doubt that you would even be able to "feel" the power
increase even on a Fox car. Also, the 90 degree bend doesn't exactly help
airflow.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old November 23rd 04, 01:01 AM
A Guy Named Steve

http://www.bactine.com/

Guess so.

Steve
72 Skylark Custom455

ink.net...

Old November 24th 04, 05:47 AM
Wound Up

Look it up in a freaking book or on Google, you grammatically challenged
troll.

Reading your idiotic, presumptuous blather shows me the bottom tier I
forget about so often.

Again, why can't you perform this simple research, and answer these
questions on your own? The reason is because you are not only a sodding
idiot, you're a lazy one as well.

Go get a 40 and a blunt, and don't forget to be half naked and bloody
for your inevitable appearance on Wildest Police Videos. You wouldn't
want to shame your bretheren. Forget that it's only a speeding ticket
that will turn into multiple felonies; run because you did yank the air
silencer out of your GT, and because you know you're going to be the One
sodding idiot who actually got away.

Old November 24th 04, 07:47 AM

*wipes away tears*... too funny..

-Mike