Help? 94 Voyager 2.5 Stumble (hesitation)

Old May 25th 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Help? 94 Voyager 2.5 Stumble (hesitation)

Hello,
My car 2.5 Plymouth Voyager with 3 speed automatic is giving me
trouble.
It will sumble, hesitate after leaving stop signs. More precisely, it
will loose power right after ~2 seconds of entering the intersection (
halfway through). Now i got to add that i have a 3 week old rebuilt
trainy. I have so far changed spark plugs, spark wires, cap, rotor,
fuel filter, air filter, replaced vacuum lines, accessory belts. Tried
replacing the TPS and the MAP sensor, Hall effect sensor (the magnetic
pickup) and coil. Got my base timing adjusted to 12 degrees. But the
problem persists. at Idle when i pull the accelerator cable the engine
will have a delayed rev.
and when coming back to idle it will rock. I also took out the throttle
body today and saw that the intake maifold was wet with fuel. the even
was a puddle of gas in a cavity righ below the throttle body. Now the
fuel pressure was chaked by the dealer and it is with in spec. Is there
any help out there on this issue?

Old May 25th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> wrote in message
oups.com...
....> It will sumble, hesitate after leaving stop signs. More precisely, it
> will loose power right after ~2 seconds of entering the intersection (
> halfway through). Now i got to add that i have a 3 week old rebuilt
> trainy. I have so far changed spark plugs, spark wires, cap, rotor,
> fuel filter, air filter, replaced vacuum lines, accessory belts. Tried
> replacing the TPS and the MAP sensor, Hall effect sensor (the magnetic
> pickup) and coil. Got my base timing adjusted to 12 degrees. But the
> problem persists. at Idle when i pull the accelerator cable the engine
> will have a delayed rev.

In all this I see no mention of a new TB injector. These wear out with time.
In addition, the electrical contacts can get corroded.

Old May 26th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Dave Gower wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> ...> It will sumble, hesitate after leaving stop signs. More precisely, ite--------------------------------------
> > will have a delayed rev.

> In all this I see no mention of a new TB injector. These wear out with time.
> In addition, the electrical contacts can get corroded.

Is ther ea way to diagnose the injector,
They tend to be ~100 bucks, I would hate to waste that kind of money
on top of what im out allready...

Old May 26th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Tur_Eagle" > wrote

....> Is ther ea way to diagnose the injector,
> They tend to be ~100 bucks, I would hate to waste that kind of money
> on top of what im out allready...

Don't know of any, but the raw gas the OP saw in the throttle body kind of
gives it away.

Old May 26th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Dave Gower wrote:
> "Tur_Eagle" > wrote
>
> ...> Is ther ea way to diagnose the injector,
> > They tend to be ~100 bucks, I would hate to waste that kind of money
> > on top of what im out allready...

> Don't know of any, but the raw gas the OP saw in the throttle body kind of
> gives it away.

How about the regulator? do you think it might have been the cause?
Or the computer just sending wrong signal maybe?
is there a way ot exclude those possibilities?

Old May 26th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Tur_Eagle" > wrote

> How about the regulator? do you think it might have been the cause?
> Or the computer just sending wrong signal maybe?
> is there a way ot exclude those possibilities?

Yes, in computer trouble codes. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he had
those checked.

Old May 27th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Dave Gower wrote:
> "Tur_Eagle" > wrote
>
> > How about the regulator? do you think it might have been the cause?
> > Or the computer just sending wrong signal maybe?
> > is there a way ot exclude those possibilities?

> Yes, in computer trouble codes. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he had
> those checked.

There were no trouble codes. So you're fairly certain it is the
Injector?

Old May 27th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Tur_Eagle" > wrote

> There were no trouble codes. So you're fairly certain it is the Injector?

Uh, are you the original poster? It would be a lot less confusing if you
didn't change aliases. But if this was my vehicle, I would have put a new
injector in some time ago.

Old May 27th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Thanks,
I'll do that , Andsorry im the same guy. I was not sure if using my
name is a safe thing to do. Ill keep you psted on how it turns out..

Old May 28th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Tur_Eagle wrote:
> Thanks,
> I'll do that , Andsorry im the same guy. I was not sure if using my
> name is a safe thing to do. Ill keep you psted on how it turns out..

Unbelievable the O2 sensor was going nuts.. All this trouble for an
oxygen sensor...
Figured it out after disconnecting the O2 and driving to the parts
store to get some gator clips to test the sensor. On the way there no
problems of hesitation. Weird i said goit the gator clips hooked the
DMM up and voila the O2 is going nutts (readings -0.1V to 0.04V). Now i
wonder why the computer didn't pick up on that (no Check Engine Light
came on)...O well, It drives good again... Thanks for the support..