Time to replace the original factory battery in my '00 300m?

Old September 24th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Time to replace the original factory battery in my '00 300m?

In about 5 weeks, my '00 300m will be 11 years old. Technically I guess
it's older than that by at least a few months, and so is the factory
original battery.

The car gets driven every day - usually only a short trip (2 mile round
trip - that's my commute to work). That plus some local shopping every
few days, and about 6 to 9 times a year a round trip 200 mile highway
ride. 97k miles on the odo.

Engine starts fine - just like it did when it was new.

I wonder if I should go another winter with this original battery... ?
Old September 24th 10, 03:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
News

On 09/23/2010 22:23, MoPar Man wrote:
> In about 5 weeks, my '00 300m will be 11 years old. Technically I guess
> it's older than that by at least a few months, and so is the factory
> original battery.
>
> The car gets driven every day - usually only a short trip (2 mile round
> trip - that's my commute to work). That plus some local shopping every
> few days, and about 6 to 9 times a year a round trip 200 mile highway
> ride. 97k miles on the odo.
>
> Engine starts fine - just like it did when it was new.
>
> I wonder if I should go another winter with this original battery... ?

It's at least twice its expected longevity, so, sure, press your luck.
Old September 24th 10, 06:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Josh S

In article >, MoPar Man >
wrote:

> In about 5 weeks, my '00 300m will be 11 years old. Technically I guess
> it's older than that by at least a few months, and so is the factory
> original battery.
>
> The car gets driven every day - usually only a short trip (2 mile round
> trip - that's my commute to work). That plus some local shopping every
> few days, and about 6 to 9 times a year a round trip 200 mile highway
> ride. 97k miles on the odo.
>
> Engine starts fine - just like it did when it was new.
>
> I wonder if I should go another winter with this original battery... ?

My wife's summer 2001 Sebring's battery is still fine at 9 yrs.
My neighbors 2001 300M's battery is still fine at 9 yrs.
My 2004 300M's battery is fine at 7 yrs.

Although I wasn't fond of the battery in such an inaccessible position,
it certainly results in a much longer life.

Just be sure you carry jumper cables.
Old September 24th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Airport Shuttle[_27_]

If you are concern about the battery why not stop at the local parts
store and have them complete a free battery test.

--
Airport Shuttle

'' (http://www.yourcityride.com)
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Old September 24th 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 22:23:43 -0400, MoPar Man wrote:

> In about 5 weeks, my '00 300m will be 11 years old. Technically I guess
> it's older than that by at least a few months, and so is the factory
> original battery.
>
> The car gets driven every day - usually only a short trip (2 mile round
> trip - that's my commute to work). That plus some local shopping every
> few days, and about 6 to 9 times a year a round trip 200 mile highway
> ride. 97k miles on the odo.
>
> Engine starts fine - just like it did when it was new.
>
> I wonder if I should go another winter with this original battery... ?

You got your monies worth out of that one. Batteries are cheap, I
wouldn't want to go into winter with an 11 year old battery.
Old October 2nd 10, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
GrtArtiste

On Sep 23, 10:23*pm, MoPar Man > wrote:
> In about 5 weeks, my '00 300m will be 11 years old. *Technically I guess
> it's older than that by at least a few months, and so is the factory
> original battery.
>
> The car gets driven every day - usually only a short trip (2 mile round
> trip - that's my commute to work). *That plus some local shopping every
> few days, and about 6 to 9 times a year a round trip 200 mile highway
> ride. *97k miles on the odo.
>
> Engine starts fine - just like it did when it was new. *
>
> I wonder if I should go another winter with this original battery... ?

'96 Concorde...battery died when the cold came in fall '08. If you
can't afford to be inconvenienced...replace it. If you can, then roll
the dice. It doesn't get that cold in TX...does it?

GrtArtiste
Old October 2nd 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

the only thing between Amarillo and the north pole in winter time is a two
wire barb wire fence and one wire will most likely be down........or so i am
told.