Canada unveils new speed bump: optical illusion of a child

Old September 9th 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Canada unveils new speed bump: optical illusion of a child

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

That's crazy!
cuhulin

Old September 9th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

> wrote in message
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356
>
> That's crazy!
> cuhulin

I agree. Childern need to avoid western Canada.

Ed

Old September 9th 10, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

wrote in
:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

> That's crazy!
> cuhulin

Some politician who rose higher than his/her mental capacity would be
responsible for this one I guess.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old September 10th 10, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

wrote in news:25233-4C88EADC-753@storefull-
3172.bay.webtv.net:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

> That's crazy!
> cuhulin

Some would argue that /all/ children are optical illusions...

--
Tegger
Old September 10th 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-09-09, chuckcar > wrote:
> wrote in
> :

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

>> That's crazy!
>> cuhulin
>>

> Some politician who rose higher than his/her mental capacity would be
> responsible for this one I guess.

Just wait until the first kid is killed because some driver thought the
kid was just one of those government installed optical illusions.

Old September 10th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

Brent > wrote in
:

> On 2010-09-09, chuckcar > wrote:
>> wrote in
>> :

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

>>> That's crazy!
>>> cuhulin
>>>

>> Some politician who rose higher than his/her mental capacity would be
>> responsible for this one I guess.

> Just wait until the first kid is killed because some driver thought
> the kid was just one of those government installed optical illusions.

Thought? I extremely doubt it. Nobody that's allowed to drive has *that*
bad of eyesight. Some nutbar *claim* it? absolutely.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old September 10th 10, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Sean Jeong

On 9¿ù10ÀÏ, ¿ÀÀü12½Ã47ºÐ, "C. E. White" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

> > That's crazy!
> > cuhulin

> I agree. Childern need to avoid western Canada.
>
> Ed

123
Old September 10th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-09-10, chuckcar > wrote:
> Brent > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 2010-09-09, chuckcar > wrote:
>>> wrote in
>>> :

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

>>> Some politician who rose higher than his/her mental capacity would be
>>> responsible for this one I guess.

>> Just wait until the first kid is killed because some driver thought
>> the kid was just one of those government installed optical illusions.
>>

> Thought? I extremely doubt it. Nobody that's allowed to drive has *that*
> bad of eyesight. Some nutbar *claim* it? absolutely.

Huh? The point is to make it look like an actual kid. Some driver will
glance up his newspaper or smart phone, see a kid and think it's the
image, turn back to what he's doing besides driving and keep on going
instead.

Old September 11th 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

Brent > wrote in
:

> On 2010-09-10, chuckcar > wrote:
>> Brent > wrote in
>> :

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356

>>> Just wait until the first kid is killed because some driver thought
>>> the kid was just one of those government installed optical
>>> illusions.
>>>

>> Thought? I extremely doubt it. Nobody that's allowed to drive has
>> *that* bad of eyesight. Some nutbar *claim* it? absolutely.

> Huh? The point is to make it look like an actual kid. Some driver will
> glance up his newspaper or smart phone, see a kid and think it's the
> image, turn back to what he's doing besides driving and keep on going
> instead.

It doesn't look like a photograph. It looks like a cartoon
representation. Look at the image again.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old September 11th 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=295356
>
> That's crazy!
> cuhulin

I dunno....sort of makes sense. This would not seem to endanger any
children any
more than they are already endangered.

They are trying to get traffic to slow down.. Maybe a ranger with a machine
gun
would do the trick.

The Illusion of Miles Per Gallon gpsman Driving 7 June 24th 08 01:53 PM
sudden problem over speed bump Bob[_41_] Dodge 7 March 4th 08 11:18 AM
TSW Optical encoders Ron Simulators 4 August 8th 06 02:34 PM
94 Dodge Caravan makes grinding bump, bump, bump noise choppermike Dodge 0 April 20th 06 11:48 PM
Is Momo Racing optical? Richard S Beckett Simulators 6 December 22nd 04 10:16 AM