Is there an article somewhere??

Old May 22nd 09, 01:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Is there an article somewhere??

"Clams Canino" > wrote in message
m...

> "Dad" > wrote in message
>
>> Sorry Dave, it's not my perogative or my prerogative but giving
>> credit
>> where credit is due. Much better than allowing someone to think it
>> was
>> your information and also directs then to more information so they
>> can
>> learn more with less questions.

> Given his post immediately preceding the info, as well as the syntax
> of the
> info, I never presumed that he hadn't found the site he was looking
> for.

You didn't wonder what that site was? You did ask if there was an
article somewhere, did his post tell you "where"?

> That said.... a link is nice.... to see the source and for further
> exploration.

Newsgroups etiquette from many sites ask to keep quoted text to a
minimum and to indicate it as such. This groups is unmoderated and
therefore gets those that break most guidelines at one time or
another. There are a few that still post in html to a non-binary group
knowing it is unacceptable. Most of the time those errors are
tolerated as trying to correct the offender is normally futile.
Obviously it's not my place to police this group, it was meant as a
suggestion that I was sure would be viewed as criticism and/or
ignored. I still like to see order in what is being done, you know
like, lets put a piston in each one of those 8 holes.

That said it is sad to see a site like http://www.idavette.net/ start
to wither and most likely die. At some point someone with a true
Corvette passion spent unending hours keeping the site up to date and
now (2002) it has stopped. Most likely that person is gone or at least
occupied by more pressing endeavors.

Old May 22nd 09, 03:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On May 21, 6:03*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> On May 21, 9:17 am, "Dad" > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message

> > > On May 18, 2:47 pm, "Clams Canino" >
> > > wrote:

> > > Or you could give him the web site and let him know where it came
> > > from
> > > instead of copy/pasting the whole thing here.

> > >http://www.idavette.net/trivia.htmGoodsitebut is no kept up any
> > > longer.

> > *The OP asked for only C3 years which is why I chose to CCandP only
> > *the C3 years from the Idavette Site.

> > Or you could give him the web site and let him know where it came
> > from
> > instead of copy/pasting the whole thing here.

> **Thats your perogative.
>
> Sorry Dave, it's not my perogative or my prerogative but giving credit
> where credit is due. Much better than allowing someone to think it was
> your information and also directs then to more information so they can
> learn more with less questions. You see that web site is not being
> kept up? Why do you think that is, lack of recognition? Do you get the
> point?
>
> Just do the right thing.- Hide quoted text -

I never said nor was it my intention for others to think it was 'my'
information that i posted ; the OP was only interested in C3's and
not all the info on the Ida Site so I chose to CCP just the info he
was interested in. Dont you think you were a little presumptuous ?
Old May 22nd 09, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

> wrote in message
Snip
> Sorry Dave, it's not my perogative or my prerogative but giving
> credit
> where credit is due. Much better than allowing someone to think it
> was
> your information and also directs then to more information so they
> can
> learn more with less questions. You see that web site is not being
> kept up? Why do you think that is, lack of recognition? Do you get
> the
> point?
>
> Just do the right thing.- Hide quoted text -

**I never said nor was it my intention for others to think it was 'my'
**information that i posted ; the OP was only interested in C3's
and
**not all the info on the Ida Site so I chose to CCP just the info he
**was interested in. Dont you think you were a little presumptuous ?

What are you trying to defend Dave? You don't understand do you? Chip,
chop, and plop is an uninformed man's way of doing things. Was just
trying to help, don't let that keep you from doing it your way.

Old May 22nd 09, 06:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

On May 22, 8:55*am, "Dad" > wrote:

> What are you trying to defend Dave? You don't understand do you? Chip,
> chop, and plop is an uninformed man's way of doing things. Was just
> trying to help, don't let that keep you from doing it your way.

U just can't help someone that fukin' S T U P I D
Old May 22nd 09, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Ken" > wrote in message
>> U just can't help someone that fukin' S T U P I D

OK LADIES!!! That's enough.

Back slowly away from the keyboard and put both hands on the sterring wheel
where I can see them. )

-W

Old May 22nd 09, 09:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On May 22, 10:55*am, "Dad" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> Snip
>
> > Sorry Dave, it's not my perogative or my prerogative but giving
> > credit
> > where credit is due. Much better than allowing someone to think it
> > was
> > your information and also directs then to more information so they
> > can
> > learn more with less questions. You see that web site is not being
> > kept up? Why do you think that is, lack of recognition? Do you get
> > the
> > point?

> > Just do the right thing.- Hide quoted text -

> **I never said nor was it my intention for others to think it was 'my'
> **information that i posted ; * *the OP was only interested in C3's
> and
> **not all the info on the Ida Site so I chose to CCP just the info he
> **was interested in. * Dont you think you were a little presumptuous ?
>
> What are you trying to defend Dave? You don't understand do you? Chip,
> chop, and plop is an uninformed man's way of doing things. Was just
> trying to help, don't let that keep you from doing it your way.

Im trying to defend the fact that a person has the liberty of getting
information across anyway in which he deems acceptable and proper, in
order to help another ; CCP is one such useful way in highlighting
information requested. Youre acting like you have OCD . Thanks for
trying to help, but you really should not focus so much on rigidness
accompanied with defamation concerning something that is relatively
minor. As for Ken, happy anniversary Ken ....its our 10 year
anniversary of you stalking me everytime i make a post in a NG. via
Google Alert Notifications.
Old May 24th 09, 12:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_20_]

On May 22, 12:52*pm, "Clams Canino" > wrote:

> Back slowly away from the keyboard and put both hands on the sterring wheel
> where I can see them. * *)
>
> -W

"But Offaslur...I'm not nearly as think as you drunk I am"

"That may be true.....What's your name, Sir?'

"RALPH"
Old May 24th 09, 12:57 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

> wrote in message
Snip
> What are you trying to defend Dave? You don't understand do you?
> Chip,
> chop, and plop is an uninformed man's way of doing things. Was just
> trying to help, don't let that keep you from doing it your way.

VIm trying to defend the fact that a person has the liberty of getting
Vinformation across anyway in which he deems acceptable and proper, in
Vorder to help another ; CCP is one such useful way in highlighting
Vinformation requested. Youre acting like you have OCD . Thanks
for
Vtrying to help, but you really should not focus so much on rigidness
Vaccompanied with defamation concerning something that is relatively
Vminor. As for Ken, happy anniversary Ken ....its our 10 year
Vanniversary of you stalking me everytime i make a post in a NG. via
VGoogle Alert Notifications.

I understand Dave, the flesh can be weak can't it. Live life as you
chose and not in accordance with any guidelines. That's the way the
atheists do it, isn't it? As I remember the newsgroup etiquette is a
guideline to follow if you want to use it in a proper and civil
manner.

Sort of like driving a Corvette over it's capabilities; or 55 in the
fast lane, or without other drivers welfare in mind. It's your car and
you can drive it like you want, it's your liberty in question at some
point.

Old May 24th 09, 06:16 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Ken" > wrote in message

> "But Offaslur...I'm not nearly as think as you drunk I am"

It's not beertender - it's bartender.
It's not a dribble - it's a double.
It's not a martooni - it's martini.
It's not a pickle - it's an olive.

And you don't have heartburn - your left tit is in in the ashtray.

-W

HONDA article hiruma222 Driving 1 August 16th 07 04:06 PM
HONDA article hiruma222 Honda 0 August 16th 07 02:09 PM
HONDA article hiruma222 Honda 0 August 16th 07 02:06 PM
HONDA article hiruma222 Honda 0 August 16th 07 02:06 PM
GM article in businessweek Dave Stone Driving 5 May 3rd 05 12:51 AM