'77 Corvette

Old May 5th 09, 12:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

Default '77 Corvette

"PDDeen" > wrote in message
On May 4, 1:28 pm, "Roy" > wrote:
> "NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
>
> computertechnology...
>
> > "kickstart" > wrote in message

> > Thanks for pointing this stuff out. I'm going to be kind of on my own
> > with looking at this car. It's quite a ways out from any mechanics that
> > would likely have much Corvette experience, so getting it to one of them
> > isn't a likely option. I do plan on it being a mainly a driver, and only
> > secondly a longer-term investment. I would hate to have to do a bunch of
> > major work just to use it. May as well save my pennies and buy something
> > that is more likely to have fewer problems, but I won't know unless I look
> > at it. Hope to do so in the next couple of days.

> > Ken

> Ken,
>
> Here's a thought for ya. Especially since you are pretty much on your own.
>
> Join the Corvette Forum hehttp://forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php It
> doesn't cost anything. Go to the C-3 forum, post where the car is and ask if
> anybody who lives in the area would mind looking at it with you. We do that
> all the time in the C-6 forum.
>
> There is a ton of info as well as some real knowledgeable folks there..
>
> Roy

You don't say where you are, where the car has lived or how it was
taken care of. If it is in the north-northeast where they use salt as
a primary road base it could be very bad but, if it came for the south-
southwest it could be a deal. If the car is driveable, has no MAJOR
cosmetic problems and you like it -- go for it. It could be a great
place to start ownership of a great automobile brand. I've had '63,
'64, '72', '79 and '94 and they have all been great in their own way.
The '63 had 262,000 miles when I sold it and the buyer drove it non-
stop from Dallas to Seattle with no problems. A car that has been
maintained can do a lot for you.

PDDeen
Lifetime Member, Corvette Club of Texas
Founding Member, National Corvette Museum

I'm in South-Central Michigan, and yes, salt is used on the roads here. I guess what will matter is
how much salt exposure it has had. Most Corvette owners I've known here don't drive them in the
winter and it's rare to see one on the road during the 'salt season'. I guess my only loss in
looking at it will be about a 90 mile round trip from my house to this car and back.

I'd like to thank and compliment all who have replied. All good, straight-forward answers with lots
of information and none of the snarkyness that is way too common on Usenet. This is a good group
and even if I don't get this car or any other 'Vette right away I'll be reading here to increase my
knowledge on these great cars.

Ken

Old May 5th 09, 01:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
computertechnology...
> I'm in South-Central Michigan, and yes, salt is used on the roads
> here. I guess what will matter is how much salt exposure it has
> had. Most Corvette owners I've known here don't drive them in the
> winter and it's rare to see one on the road during the 'salt
> season'. I guess my only loss in looking at it will be about a 90
> mile round trip from my house to this car and back.
>
> I'd like to thank and compliment all who have replied. All good,
> straight-forward answers with lots of information and none of the
> snarkyness that is way too common on Usenet. This is a good group
> and even if I don't get this car or any other 'Vette right away I'll
> be reading here to increase my knowledge on these great cars.
>
> Ken

I was in south central Michigan last night, north of the Ohio/Indiana
border. Let me know if you want someone to ride along, may be able to
fit it in.

Old May 5th 09, 03:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
> computertechnology...
>> I'm in South-Central Michigan, and yes, salt is used on the roads here.
>> I guess what will matter is how much salt exposure it has had. Most
>> Corvette owners I've known here don't drive them in the winter and it's
>> rare to see one on the road during the 'salt season'. I guess my only
>> loss in looking at it will be about a 90 mile round trip from my house to
>> this car and back.
>>
>> I'd like to thank and compliment all who have replied. All good,
>> straight-forward answers with lots of information and none of the
>> snarkyness that is way too common on Usenet. This is a good group and
>> even if I don't get this car or any other 'Vette right away I'll be
>> reading here to increase my knowledge on these great cars.
>>
>> Ken

> I was in south central Michigan last night, north of the Ohio/Indiana
> border. Let me know if you want someone to ride along, may be able to fit
> it in.

Ken, if at all possible take him up on this generous offer. Dad is one of
the most knowledgeable people on Corvettes you'll find anywhere.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old May 9th 09, 12:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

"Dad" > wrote in message .. .

> "NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
> computertechnology...
>> I'm in South-Central Michigan, and yes, salt is used on the roads here. I guess what will matter
>> is how much salt exposure it has had. Most Corvette owners I've known here don't drive them in
>> the winter and it's rare to see one on the road during the 'salt season'. I guess my only loss
>> in looking at it will be about a 90 mile round trip from my house to this car and back.
>>
>> I'd like to thank and compliment all who have replied. All good, straight-forward answers with
>> lots of information and none of the snarkyness that is way too common on Usenet. This is a good
>> group and even if I don't get this car or any other 'Vette right away I'll be reading here to
>> increase my knowledge on these great cars.
>>
>> Ken

> I was in south central Michigan last night, north of the Ohio/Indiana border. Let me know if you
> want someone to ride along, may be able to fit it in.

I just got out of the hospital after a 3 day stay for acute pancreatitis. I really appreciate your
generous offer. If we can work something out it would be great.

Ken

Old June 10th 09, 06:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

"Dad" > wrote in message .. .

> "NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
> computertechnology...
>> I'm in South-Central Michigan, and yes, salt is used on the roads here. I guess what will matter
>> is how much salt exposure it has had. Most Corvette owners I've known here don't drive them in
>> the winter and it's rare to see one on the road during the 'salt season'. I guess my only loss
>> in looking at it will be about a 90 mile round trip from my house to this car and back.
>>
>> I'd like to thank and compliment all who have replied. All good, straight-forward answers with
>> lots of information and none of the snarkyness that is way too common on Usenet. This is a good
>> group and even if I don't get this car or any other 'Vette right away I'll be reading here to
>> increase my knowledge on these great cars.
>>
>> Ken

> I was in south central Michigan last night, north of the Ohio/Indiana border. Let me know if you
> want someone to ride along, may be able to fit it in.

I finally got to see this car. It seems to be solid enough in the frame (as far as I could tell),
but the interior is tore up. It would need a new pretty much a whole new interior. The seals on
the doors are bad. Somebody has done a bit of hacking on the wiring under the hood. The wheels
aren't original. If I had more time and money it might be one to consider, but I don't need another
big project right now.

Ken