iRacing rip off

Old April 18th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default iRacing rip off

On Apr 11, 11:56*am, "David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol>
wrote:
> > wrote in message
>

> > There goes my last chance to try out this great sim.

> You haven't even tried it?

Yes, I tried it as part of the "free trial" but it was so dismal I
forgot all about hence all the fuss.

Anyway I have great news for everyone who loves paying to drive awful
cars that you wouldn't be seen dead driving in real life. If the buzz
of driving the Solstice round an oval with the pedal to the metal for
hours on end has started to pall, head over to http://balanesko.com/shop.html
and you can buy an rFactor Opel Vectra 1.8L for only $6.00. A street
one of course, you wouldn't expect a racing Vectra for so little
money, surely? For $6.99 you can have the chance to drive a Chrysler
Prick Teaser Cruiser (LE!) or if you go wild there's the Volvo S70 GLT
with *racing stripes* also for $6.99.

I think these guys may have cracked iRacing's business model wide
open. Or more likely they're just cracked.