Parking lot Rage

Old March 31st 09, 03:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
CardsFan

Default Parking lot Rage

"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:18:01 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:
>
>>> Call me a troublemaker if you like. Hey, that's just me.

>>No, you're not really a troublemaker, but your are just the same as
>>the person you think you put something over on.

> How so? Really, I don't understand.

I'm curious. Why do you want to screw with someone who has worked very hard
for something, is proud of what they have, and is willing to walk a ways to
keep it in nice condition? Is that some sort of affront to your
sensibilities? If so, what are you doing in usenet groups for people
interested in cars?

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old March 31st 09, 03:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:01:46 -0400, Dean Dark >
wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:18:01 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:
>
>>> Call me a troublemaker if you like. Hey, that's just me.

>>No, you're not really a troublemaker, but your are just the same as
>>the person you think you put something over on.

>How so? Really, I don't understand.

Ummm, as postulated, the car's parked 200 *yards* away from other cars, so he's
been careful to not inconvenience anyone else. And you go out of your way to
park right next to him? Why?

It's pretty clear that you're the one begging for trouble. Let's hope you find
it.

Now if he did that in a crowded parking lot, or in a manner to inconvenience
others, that's another story entirely.

-- Larry
Old March 31st 09, 04:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
Mikep

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:01:46 -0400, Dean Dark
> >
> wrote:

>>>No, you're not really a troublemaker, but your are just the same as
>>>the person you think you put something over on.

>>How so? Really, I don't understand.

> Ummm, as postulated, the car's parked 200 *yards* away from other cars, so
> he's
> been careful to not inconvenience anyone else. And you go out of your way
> park right next to him? Why?
>
> It's pretty clear that you're the one begging for trouble. Let's hope you
> find
> it.
>
> Now if he did that in a crowded parking lot, or in a manner to
> inconvenience
> others, that's another story entirely.
>
> -- Larry

Sometimes, I see a shiny car parked diagonally across 2 or 3 marked
spaces in a parking lot. I guess the owner wants to avoid door dings,
or let everyone know that he's "special" or something. If I happen to
be in my beater, I park as close as I reasonably can to him, certainly
close enough to make the point, even if he's at the far end of the
lot.

Notice that he only does this if he's driving his 'beater'. If he's in his
shiny BMW, guess how he parks...

Old March 31st 09, 10:06 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:34:11 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:

>"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>No, you're not really a troublemaker, but your are just the same as
>>>the person you think you put something over on.

>> How so? Really, I don't understand.

>I'm curious. Why do you want to screw with someone who has worked very hard
>for something, is proud of what they have, and is willing to walk a ways to
>keep it in nice condition? Is that some sort of affront to your
>sensibilities? If so, what are you doing in usenet groups for people
>interested in cars?

Well, to be honest, I'm more likely to do it if he's taking up extra
space in the busy part of the lot.

Added bonus : happening to be around to see the owner frantically
scuttling all around his car to make sure his precious baby hasn't
been touched.

The diagonal parting beasties are, however, one step up the
evolutionary ladder from the ****s who park in the fire lane with
their flashers on while they run into the store for a pack of smokes.

What is it that goes on in their micro-encephalitic skulls that makes
them think they're so special?
Old March 31st 09, 02:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
[email protected][_2_]

Mikep wrote:
> So here I am parking in the Home Depot parking lot - for our international
> readers, Home Depot is a very large store that sells home improvement
> products. And they have a LARGE parking lot.
>

> So I head off to the farthest space in the lot in my X5 (keeping on topic
> for the BMW NG) - maybe 200 yards away from any other parkers. Except for a
> new red Corvette - the one with the wingy looking rear emblem (keeping on
> topic for the Corvette NG). He's parked in the last spot in the lot next to
> a curb on his right side.
>

> So I park one space away from the Corvettes left and head into the store.
> Around us is a sea of empty parking spots.
>

> When I return, there is a Ford F250 pickup with dual rear wheels wedged in
> between us. There is nowhere near enough space to open my passenger side
> door for my wife. I'm not sure how the Ford driver was able to get out
> without damaging my door, but there were no signs of damage (or there would
> have been a big problem).
>

> But, if the Corvette driver returned with the pickup still jammed up against
> his side, there would be no way to get in. Well, through the passenger
> door - but that's all.
>

> I'm still irritated..

Its plain to see that the Pickup owner has a case of envy . You
should have put a note on his windshield asking him to have much more
consideration and asking him what is behind his motive . This is why
some vette owners take up two parking spots way out at the end of the
parking lot ...but that too can infuriate some people who have
uncontrolled jealousy.
Old March 31st 09, 02:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
[email protected][_2_]

Dean Dark wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:08:31 +0200, "frischmoutt"
> > wrote:
>
> >Take a breathe and smile!
> >OK I understand:
> >You're the king of your distcict, correct ? And everybody is used lick your
> >boots everyday correct ?
> >One failed to do this today ? Still correct ?
> >Or was your diaper remaining unchanged ?
> >Why are you whining ? Nothing happened.

> >> But, if the Corvette driver returned with the pickup still jammed up

> >against
> >> his side, there would be no way to get in. Well, through the passenger
> >> door - but that's all.

> Sometimes, I see a shiny car parked diagonally across 2 or 3 marked
> spaces in a parking lot. I guess the owner wants to avoid door dings,
> or let everyone know that he's "special" or something. If I happen to
> be in my beater, I park as close as I reasonably can to him, certainly
> close enough to make the point, even if he's at the far end of the
> lot.
>
> Call me a troublemaker if you like. Hey, that's just me.

Yes, you are correct....hes trying to avoid inconsiderate and jealous
folks who have a engrained tendency toward troublemaking.
Old March 31st 09, 03:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark[_2_]

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 06:17:15 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Yes, you are correct....hes trying to avoid inconsiderate and jealous
>folks who have a engrained tendency toward troublemaking.

Why do all of you assume that I'm jealous of the car? I'm not, you're
missing the point entirely.
Old March 31st 09, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
JimH[_3_]

Dean Dark wrote:

> What is it that goes on in their micro-encephalitic skulls that makes
> them think they're so special?

As a person who takes it on himself to aggravate strangers, I'd think
that you would be able to answer that from personal knowledge.
Old March 31st 09, 03:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark[_2_]

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:28:13 -0700, JimH > wrote:

>Dean Dark wrote:
>
>> What is it that goes on in their micro-encephalitic skulls that makes
>> them think they're so special?

>As a person who takes it on himself to aggravate strangers, I'd think
>that you would be able to answer that from personal knowledge.

I'm simply pointing out the "aggravating" behavior of certain others,
I'm not trying to aggravate anybody. Tell me, do you not get somewhat
"aggravated" in a busy parking lot when you find that some **** has
selfishly parked across 2 or 3 spaces because he and his car are so
damned special?
Old March 31st 09, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.bmw
JimH[_3_]

Dean Dark wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:28:13 -0700, JimH > wrote:
>
>> Dean Dark wrote:
>>
>>> What is it that goes on in their micro-encephalitic skulls that makes
>>> them think they're so special?

>> As a person who takes it on himself to aggravate strangers, I'd think
>> that you would be able to answer that from personal knowledge.

> I'm simply pointing out the "aggravating" behavior of certain others,
> I'm not trying to aggravate anybody. Tell me, do you not get somewhat
> "aggravated" in a busy parking lot when you find that some **** has
> selfishly parked across 2 or 3 spaces because he and his car are so
> damned special?

I do get aggravated when someone takes multiple spots in a crowded
parking lot. That feeling usually passes in about a second or so. It
doesn't bother me at all if they do it out away from the crowd.

I wouldn't do what you do in either case. You take it on yourself to
"show them". That is because you think that you are special just the
same as them. But, you can't see that can you?

Parking lot Rage Mikep BMW 36 May 19th 09 02:41 AM
Parking Rage Thomas Avery Driving 8 July 28th 08 01:53 PM
San Franciscans Hurl Their Rage at Parking Patrol Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS Driving 60 January 14th 07 03:44 AM
Does anyone take up two parking spaces at a parking lot ? dave Corvette 79 September 17th 06 03:18 PM
Is Handicapped Parking also Commercial Parking? Dave Driving 29 October 31st 05 05:17 PM