It's official!

Old April 23rd 05, 07:00 AM
Ruud Dingemans

> in a few years, how many people would consider GPL, NR2003, etc to be
> hardcore "sims" ?

Well, given that even in twenty years it will *still* take yer average
Joe several months to learn GPL enough to stay on the roads at racing
speed (NR, being mostly about ovals, bit less so), I'd say that would
still be seen as pretty hardcore - outdated, sure, but still pretty
'core I guess.

Nothing very relative about the blood, sweat, tears and lots of
swearwords it takes to get a 67 wingless F1 car under control!

(Unless mankind evolves into something alien-like in the upcoming
decades, of course...)

> Revs gave me more than enough goosebumps to rank as a hardcore sim of
> its day.

Amen, brother. I still have the original disk somewhere.

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank -24)
Old April 23rd 05, 03:25 PM

Dan Leach wrote:

> GPL doesn't get a mention?
> jeez

Quit flogging a dead horse.

Old April 23rd 05, 05:47 PM
schooner

> Quit flogging a dead horse.
Did someone mention NSR? ;-)

ups.com...

Old April 23rd 05, 08:52 PM
jason moyer

I'm kinda wondering what EA F12003 is.

Old April 23rd 05, 08:59 PM
jason moyer

At some point someone needs to correct all the glaring errors on that
page. Sim racing did not magically start with GP2 (one wonders what
GP1 was in that case). Someone should write up a good history going
back to the early projection system from the 70's and working it's way
through the early arcade games and the crammond and papyrus and ISI
titles.

Old April 29th 05, 09:11 PM
Tony Rickard

"jason moyer" wrote:

> At some point someone needs to correct all the glaring errors on that
> page. Sim racing did not magically start with GP2 (one wonders what
> GP1 was in that case). Someone should write up a good history going
> back to the early projection system from the 70's and working it's way
> through the early arcade games and the crammond and papyrus and ISI
> titles.

Found the edit button! My history goes back to Indy 500 so if someone
else could add the early stuff that would be great - cos I'm way too
young

Cheers
Tony